Tirefryr

Welcome to the Forum!!!

don't get me wrong, I liked the Revo,

But the Brahma seemed to come alive more this time around when Dave pushed it, as if there was more behind it.

I was impressed as well, what was more impressive to me was how well it sounded when it was wired to 4ohm

Speaking of Dave's setup I need to see what needs to be done to get a Mag in his Magnum. :)

And as for my "golden ears" - the difference was VERY noticeable. Anyone who knows SQ in the least could tell the difference even blindfolded.

i think thats going to take some work nick, i mean even when he was scared he had blown it he was just going to recone it. I think that brahma is going to the grave with him

Speaking of Dave's setup I need to see what needs to be done to get a Mag in his Magnum.  :)

And as for my "golden ears" - the difference was VERY noticeable.  Anyone who knows SQ in the least could tell the difference even blindfolded.

And that's exactly why we need to do ABX tests on this sort of stuff :) I just need to get some switches together and build a testing rig for plugging in various cables and amps and stuff.

We'll get the weemen to assist with the test :wacky:

No monster cable or tara labs o.k

If we end up actually having a test of this sort, I'd love to see about getting some Tara wiring, and I've already got some Monster around here...

hmm monster vs tara vs old lamp cords joined together with butt connectors

Keep in mind that your switch will introduce an outside element to the test. I'm afraid you'll have to have an impartial guy switching the wires to get a "true" test of what is going on. If you put a weak link in, such as the switch, it may not work out as expected.

To be honest I didn't believe Nick about his wires either. I came into his house without a clue as to which speaker had Tara wiring and which had his old wiring. When he switched back and forth side to side there was certainly a change and I was able to pick which one was the "superior" wire after a few minutes of listening.

Don't get me wrong... I did research into this in college and wrote a paper about why wires shouldn't sound different. I would wire my own car with the stuff but I have a hard time justifying the headache it would be to route 6 runs of it front to back in my car! It's great wire, but I can live without that headache until I get a second car to drive day to day anyway :)

Hayabusa,

Glad to be here, and thanks for linking the site for me :)

Rather amusing to see the pictures of your install with a directed 5ch amp and not sundown audio ones

I've read about some of that, but thinking about it logically, if the switch is present for all variables, it'll introduce the same error into everything equally...effectively cancelling any effect of it out.

If the RLC's measuring similar, I'm just curious as to what a blind test would prove. Reviews are nice, but...impossible to know just how much psychoacoustics plays a role.

And I'm certainly not in the "watt is a watt" camp, as anyone can attest :D

it would introduce the same error into everything but it could introduce the same error that the normal wire does, which wouldn't cancel it out at all. like adding a weak link to a chain, when it breaks you might blame it on the chain instead of that one link.

ideally we could do something like this...using us as an example,

it would be easy for us to do a nice test with it though, if we could get dave and webster and ramos together at one time

I have a question. Why does the SAZ-1500D look exactly like the Elevation Audio DX1500.1. link is here... http://elevationaudio.com/newelevation/displayone.php?id=8 there isnt much info on there because they just made their new site. Here is a better pic of the amp http://elevationaudio.com/newelevation/dis...nstall.php?id=4 the amps on the sides are the dx1500.1's. If i find my digital camara, i will take a close up picture of mine.

Rather amusing to see the pictures of your install with a directed 5ch amp and not sundown audio ones

The directed is in for the time being, you are correct. It is actually a 6-channel and at the time of the photo was powering the entire system awaiting prototypes of the SAZ-1500D and SAX-100.2 models.

Currently I am awaiting the SAX-100.4 protos to get the 6-channels I need up front for my currently fully active setup (it was only partially active at the time of the photo). As of now the Directed is still in along with a proto SAZ-1500D for the Mag since I can't fit nor do I have enough prototype units of the SAX-100.2 to power my front stage with 6 channels.

Hope that clears things up for you :)

I have a question.  Why does the SAZ-1500D look exactly like the Elevation Audio DX1500.1.  link is here... http://elevationaudio.com/newelevation/displayone.php?id=8  there isnt much info on there because they just made their new site.  Here is a better pic of the amp http://elevationaudio.com/newelevation/dis...nstall.php?id=4  the amps on the sides are the dx1500.1's.  If i find my digital camara, i will take a close up picture of mine.

I don't know anything about Elevation Audio so I can't say anything for certain, but chances are they have their products built at the same factory.

I have a question.  Why does the SAZ-1500D look exactly like the Elevation Audio DX1500.1.  link is here... http://elevationaudio.com/newelevation/displayone.php?id=8  there isnt much info on there because they just made their new site.  Here is a better pic of the amp http://elevationaudio.com/newelevation/dis...nstall.php?id=4  the amps on the sides are the dx1500.1's.  If i find my digital camara, i will take a close up picture of mine.

I don't know anything about Elevation Audio so I can't say anything for certain, but chances are they have their products built at the same factory.

hmmm.........

interesting stuff. I never knew that companies had their products built at off-site factories.

Yes, this is in fact very common.

Speaking of Dave's setup I need to see what needs to be done to get a Mag in his Magnum.  :)

And as for my "golden ears" - the difference was VERY noticeable.  Anyone who knows SQ in the least could tell the difference even blindfolded.

that will be a challege, I love the MAG, but dave will have a larger casket made to fit the MS1000 and Brahma in there with him, so maybe you could talk him into trying a direct swap, but that box is made perfect for the brahma, but the MAG is flexiable enough to sound great in that box I would say.

Just like the Revo 1500.1/RE 35.1/Better Audio 1600.1===all the same amp

Speaking of which dave, have you talked to chris at all (if u know him) 1/2 of BE Audio?? He was supposed to be releasing new subs but i have heard nothing back from him.,........I wanna support them

J

nope----the last time I heared BE was going under----but that was like 3 years ago.

They just dropped production......lack of finances so i guess going under works.........website is still up.

J