Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

Pics of new Mag 12's

Now for the bad news.

We received the shipment of 12" Magnum's. All of them but one failed our quality control testing. The one that passed will be shipped out tomorrow or thursday.

The Magnum 12's have a mechanical problem. All of the defective speakers "tick" when pushed past a certain point of cone movement (about 1/2 inch). We are currently in contact with the manufacturer trying to figure out what the problem is.

Of course, this will delay their release again. We physically have the speakers, but we are not sending them out in this condition.

More will be posted.

:thud:

Aww man.. that really, really sucks. Hope you get the problem figured out and fixed soon.. although I have plenty of time to wait, because I don't even have an amp, or the money for one. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait though.

-djv

wow.........this sucks SO bad. I guess thats why u ddint email me back nick? Whos gettting that one driver ! what kind of extra delay are we looking at now?

that really blows... i have my 15 already but i cant help feelin bad for all u other guys

Poor 12" guys!!! They can't wang with their 12 inchers cuz they're defective... But us big boys are busy pounding our 15 inchers!!! :blink: :boink:

Bad news sucks, but hey, how many would like to get the drivers anyways or without Nick even testing them?????? Not me! Good catch! Now go whoop some booty!

it stinks, but yeah good job on the qulaity control, few companies are actually that meticlous

my thoughts exactly aaron, great job with the qualtiy control! Hope you guys figure it out soon :)

i assume the recently ordered 15"s will be sent out tomorrow or thursday since the 12" is? i'm too anxious to get my sub...i can't freakin wait! aiufdsifidsh <--me being excited

any word on the problem of the subs nick and what kind of extra delay?

Seriously, give him a break, it hasn't even been 48 hours since he posted this! LOL...I'm sure everyone know what's going on with them when Nick finds out. :)

It's you. When the Mags forst came out, every picture I saw it was as if they had a pink tint to the surround. The surround has a graphite look to it and the reflection in pictures can give off a sense of colors not part of the surround.

It's you. When the Mags forst came out, every picture I saw it was as if they had a pink tint to the surround. The surround has a graphite look to it and the reflection in pictures can give off a sense of colors not part of the surround.

W3RD... first picture I saw I was like, pink surround? CANT BE! but then it showed up and was pure beauty :D

Just got my 15D2 today and I am totaly blown away by the build and looks of this speaker. Even after drooling over the pics I am floored now that is on my table. Also the first time I am going to be running a 15, always ran 12s, and damn this thing is huge.

just finished final caulking and will add L braces tomorow then drop this bad boy in and get it broke in.

just finished final caulking and will add L braces tomorow then drop this bad boy in and get it broke in.

pics....

will post some pics when I get home from work tonight.

I got it installed and breaking it in with my PPI PC 2150 before I throw my PG Tantrum 1200.1 on it.

And WOW!! This Mag is blowing me away already. Can't wait to see what happens when I put my PG on it. This one 15 puts my 3 12w3s to shame.

And WOW!! This Mag is blowing me away already. Can't wait to see what happens when I put my PG on it. This one 15 puts my 3 12w3s to shame. 

Is that as far as SQ or SPL? I will be running mine in an SQ application, I hope it can sound as good as the 12'' like stated on the SI page. Is yours ported or sealed and in how many cubes?