Sign in to follow this  
CBFryman

2004 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 2500HD Small Box

Greetings,

So surprised my username still works. Through college and the years following I stepped away from the audio realm. I am way out of the loop for the latest and greatest but frankly I no longer care about the audio industry though I still enjoy good music.

I recently inherited this truck and out of memory of my grandfather and general practicality I am not going to modify it heavily. It has the Bose system and its fine for now. If I ever upgrade the headunit it will be to add navigation and music library. The only thing it is missing is bottom end, mostly because I deafened myself to low frequency in my highschool days.

So I am looking for suggestions for a line converter and subwoofer that will work well in confined spaces. I think I can squeeze 2cuft and will have an old Sundown 1500 to power it. Preferably I would do a ported enclosure tuned low, 25Hz or so. Small port but I am not worried about port noise because it is behind the back seat and I value more bottom end over a little buffeting.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Open to 1 10", 2 8"s, 2 or 3 6.5"s.

Thanks!

Edited by CBFryman