Sign in to follow this  
Mark LaFountain

New APM-2 Video Feature Teaser

Whats the price?  And will the other one go down in price?

The APM-2 will replace the APM-1 completely. There are no more APM-1's :)

When is it going to be available?  Been looking to buy a meter

Mid to late April, so stay tuned :)

Awesome!

Will I be able to use it on a galaxy phone

Yes, it is both android and iOS compatible.

Will the APM 2 work on an ASUS Zenfone 2? I've seen these go on sale for $350 on Black Friday. Do these go on sale during other holidays?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, VietPho said:

Will the APM 2 work on an ASUS Zenfone 2? I've seen these go on sale for $350 on Black Friday. Do these go on sale during other holidays?

Thanks!

As an Android OS with bluetooth, it should work just fine.

Definitely do some reading up on the phone though, seems like a large number of people have bluetooth/wifi/overheating/battery issues.

On 3/20/2017 at 11:50 AM, jones82joshua said:

As an Android OS with bluetooth, it should work just fine.

Definitely do some reading up on the phone though, seems like a large number of people have bluetooth/wifi/overheating/battery issues.

Hmm. Thanks for the info. I'll wait until more YouTube people uses it. I wasn't aware of the overheating+battery problem.

The only person I've seen that uses is EXOcontralto but he doesn't use it in every video. If I had this expensive thing, I'd probably use it in every YouTube video.

7 minutes ago, VietPho said:

Hmm. Thanks for the info. I'll wait until more YouTube people uses it. I wasn't aware of the overheating+battery problem.

The only person I've seen that uses is EXOcontralto but he doesn't use it in every video. If I had this expensive thing, I'd probably use it in every YouTube video.

Not sure if you're referring to the meter or the phone, but to clarify.. the APM-2 meter itself does not have those issues, the phone you were looking at does.

On 3/20/2017 at 8:38 PM, VietPho said:

Thanks!

As long as it has Bluetooth 4.0 support it will work. There are a handful of devices which don't work as good as we like with the meter (first generation Motorola Moto G with Android 5.0.1 is one). 

12 hours ago, VietPho said:

Tell him that. ;)