Sign in to follow this  
60ndown

aaarrrrgggghhhhhh!

due to a recent trade i now have 2 x rl-ps :) im way more into sq ....L then spl. my favorite box desighn for 2 drivers would be the 'wicked one' www.decware.com, but its desighned for 10s? and im not getting much help with the question, if i scale up a dual folded horn desighn by approximately 1.2 will it effect performace (sq) badly? anyone know a great sq desighn that will get loud and remain true to sq performance? straight sealed in my experience is not as good as a desighn that controls the air movement in fron t of the driver (bandpass, horn etc) help! off 2500 wrms :)

I wouldnt waste your time with the wicked one

Great SQ design....low tuned ported.

my RL-p loves 2 cubes at 27hz, blends really well and response is very smooth but output is not crazy loud.

:ehh: Uhh...not a waste of time.

You can use the same design as the 10" wicked one with the 12's. Just extend the baffle out a bit and it will be fine. I have heard two RE SE 12"s in there. Very nice.

The wicked one is a very nice box with a very nice sound and flat responce. Definatly work it if you have the room :)

You can use the same design as the 10" wicked one with the 12's. Just extend the baffle out a bit and it will be fine. I have heard two RE SE 12"s in there. Very nice.

The wicked one is a very nice box with a very nice sound and flat responce. Definatly work it if you have the room :)

do you mean build it like the 10" version and angle the baffle to get the 12 in there? or scale it by 1.2 , not sure what you mean? more imfo please.

do you mean build it like the 10" version and angle the baffle to get the 12 in there? or scale it by 1.2 , not sure what you mean? more imfo please.

We built the 10" version and added the 12"s. You could also scale it up if you wanted to. Definatly wouldnt hurt.

We built the 10" version and added the 12"s. You could also scale it up if you wanted to. Definatly wouldnt hurt.

the box is only 13.5" tall (that includes the outside mdf x 2=1.5"), there is no room for 12s unless you build it bigger than the plans?

the box is only 13.5" tall (that includes the outside mdf x 2=1.5"), there is no room for 12s unless you build it bigger than the plans?

Hmm.. I will have to ask Doug what he did. It was the 10" box he used maybe he added an inch or so that I didnt know about.

Either way its a great box design.