Sign in to follow this  
MichiganBasshead

SAE 1000D

I'm about to order a PSI Platform 1 and I want to run it with my Sundown 1000D. On the PSI website it gives you the option to bump it up to 1000 Rms and to change the ohm to 1 and to run 8 gauge wire straight from the speaker and so on. Before I order I want to know how I am going to get the best results. Order the dual 1 ohm? Go 1000 RMS or stay at 750? Go with the 8 gauge as the speaker wire etc. I have 4 gauge power and ground for my alpine also. Do I need to change that? Do I need a extra battery or alternator? Any help would be great. I want to order this sub asap and it's killing me.

750 to 1000 is inaudible, 8ga wire is overkill for short runs.

Best results will depend on the enclosure and installation much more so than either of those questions.

The enclosure is going to be built to the specs of the subwoofer. 

If you get a dual 1 ohm you wont be able to run the amp at 1 ohm and wouldnt be able to give it 1000 rms anyway

Get a dual 2 ohm subwoofer. Depending on the type of 4 gauge wire you should be fine if it is ofc and nice quality wire.

So if I get the dual 2 I can run it at 1 ohm? N no my 4 gauge now is just some stuff I got from a local car audio store. It's called DB Link. I doubt it's quality.

Yes.  If you run a dual 2 sub in series it will be a 1 ohm load. . . . I would also look into better wiring

1 hour ago, frogcase2002 said:

Yes.  If you run a dual 2 sub in series it will be a 1 ohm load. . . . I would also look into better wiring

In parallel*

2 hours ago, MichiganBasshead said:

So if I get the dual 2 I can run it at 1 ohm? N no my 4 gauge now is just some stuff I got from a local car audio store. It's called DB Link. I doubt it's quality.

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

5 minutes ago, SpeakerBoy said:

In parallel*

Yep . My bad

Sign in to follow this