Sign in to follow this  
mathewdylang

Getting back into audio

So I haven't had a sub in almost 4 years, I've been running a factory stereo in my expedition (mach) for over a year and the factory 8 finally gave out. So now it's time to put a little something together. I have the expedition with 3rd row seating removed, so I have space for whatever I decide to do. I've been going back and forth between a sundown e12 for $80 or a SQ HDS200 15 for what SSA sells them, $115. I don't plan to compete, just get a little bass again. It won't be played a whole lot as I have a 1 year old who rides in my truck. That being said, when I am alone it will be played rather hard. I'm afraid the 12 won't be enough for a large SUV since I was use to an AA Havoc 15 in a blazer when I was competeing. I plan on running comps in the front with coax in the rear off the factory amp with an 8" mid driver in factory sub location. The a single sub on a 500.1 (still undecided until sub is chosen). Also looking into used around that same price point for sub, but I don't think I will find much better in the 80-150 dollar range. Not wanting to spend a whole lot on this build since I won't be competing with it, even though it will probably end up like a recovering alcoholic saying one drink won't hurt... 

What do you all recommend? E12 or hds215? Something else in price range? Either way I will be building box to suit, some what closely matching amp output to sub, and not competing.

Recommend you redo your budget.

Front speakers and the sub are all you need.  Scrap the midbass and the rear coaxs.  Those are both a complete waste of money.

Once you do that, let us know what you can fit for a box on your sub and the budget then and it will be easier to help.