Bavarian3

Made a cap rack

yeah well since bimmers alternators are expensive i decided to see if caps would do anything for me. Theyr gona be strapped to a JBL 1200.1 for a total of 2 farads. i didnt want to waste money on caps so i bought used ones that i got for 25 bucks shipped for non digital and 35 shipped for digital. I just came up with the rack idea when i was about to put em in, i grabeed a peice of leftover MDF wood from the box i made and put some leftover carpet on it and screwed it to the side of the trunk over my optima red top battery with a couple L brackets. Turned out pretty sick and im waiting on a D2 so i dont know yet if theyll do anything to help the dimming. either way ill leave em in there cuz they look kool! :P

CapRack.jpg

CapRackClose.jpg

you got them for a good price man

Looks good.

Hopefully it works out for you.

- Steve

yeah who knows... im juss gona test it em out for myself to anser the long going debate on whether caps do anything or not. we'll see. if i ever get my d2.

Looking good but you need to get yourself some wire terminals... :D

Because that wire wrapped around the screws is not a secure connection... Now I know you don't want the wires coming loose and the capacitor poles touching each other do ya? :blink: If you do, better stand back.

Because that wire wrapped around the screws is not a secure connection... Now I know you don't want the wires coming loose and the capacitor poles touching each other do ya? :blink: If you do, better stand back.

how do u know its not a secure connection?

the wire is screwed down just as if u were to plug wire into an amp and screw it down. Wire terminals would break way before these connections ever come loose.

One question, what voltage do u guys get out of ur car with it on? i dont get 14 volts, when i turn the car on i get about 13.7-13.9, and do the caps ever need to be charged with that resistor thing again? theyr used so im sure the previous user already did that. does the car charge up the caps?

No they never need to be charged again. Check the voltage at your battery with a MM. If there is a difference between the batterya nd the cap with the car running both measured on the MM, then you are getting some loss from your wiring or your ground. Not uncommon.