I ordered a hifonics zeus 1800w amp. The spec sheet online says it uses 4ga inputs. I feel like 4ga is rather small for an 1800w amp. I know I can get wire reducers, but could I just run 2 fuse holders, and on the rear at the amp go down from 0ga to 4ga? Or should I just run 1 fuse, and solid 1/0 run to a reducer?

Yes you can run 1/0 to the back fuse in the rear then step down to 4 gauge from fuse holdeer to amplifier.

What ever is more cost effective or preferable, its up to you either way will work just fine.

Also if you plan to run a mids and highs amplifier, you could get a fused distribution block that has 1/0 wire going in and two 4gauge outputs. So all you have to do is add another 4 gauge wire when/if you want to upgrade. Just a heads up

I ended up getting a knukoncepts kollosus kit in 0ga. I will end up just ordering the step down terminals. Thanks for the input everyone! 

be aware the zues amps are not rated in RMS

i made this mistake. it should still output some decent wattage. but not 1800 RMS

On 4/4/2016 at 3:17 PM, Florida_Audio said:

be aware the zues amps are not rated in RMS

i made this mistake. it should still output some decent wattage. but not 1800 RMS

Good point and a little known one!  I wanted to add also that while the Zues amps are rated by max wattage the Brutus series amps are, in fact, rated by RMS...but back to topic...

Your amp is asking for 4 gauge because its only running around 900 or less watts.

Wow now I feel like an idiot. I had been looking at amps so much that I read it as rms. The 2 other hifonics I looked at were even rated at rms. Well, good thing I'm not looking for a competition set up with this. 450w to my 15 will most likely still be louder than I need for a street build. It'll save my electrical too. I ended up with the knu kca 1/0. Maybe I'll sell my 6 month old Lead Acid Battery and throw agm in and not worry to much now since my alt is 140a stock.

What got me to beleive it was rms rated was the 120a worth of fuses on it. At 14.4 with 80% efficiency was 1500ish watts at 120a. Live and learn I guess.

Edited by mathewdylang

4 hours ago, mathewdylang said:

Wow now I feel like an idiot. I had been looking at amps so much that I read it as rms. The 2 other hifonics I looked at were even rated at rms. Well, good thing I'm not looking for a competition set up with this. 450w to my 15 will most likely still be louder than I need for a street build. It'll save my electrical too. I ended up with the knu kca 1/0. Maybe I'll sell my 6 month old Lead Acid Battery and throw agm in and not worry to much now since my alt is 140a stock.

What got me to beleive it was rms rated was the 120a worth of fuses on it. At 14.4 with 80% efficiency was 1500ish watts at 120a. Live and learn I guess.

yeap i did the same thing. i made the mistake of not reading it as RMS

although some websites do list their zeus hifonics in RMS, even though its not actually rated in RMS

sonic electronix did this... misleading