Florida_Audio

SPR-60C , absolutely no midbass? maybe a tiny bit

what could have gone wrong?

i dont have a subwoofer yet. i made a thread about that. and will be getting a subwoofer later

but for now i just got the SPR 60C, alpine type R components

the midbass is like gone.

my cheapo stock speakers had slightly more midbass than these...

they are powered by a pioneer amp, GM-D8604

what could be wrong? or are components supposed to have barely any bass whatsoever.... its pretty bad.

the highs are very clear. a bit too harsh highs

but when i set the headunit to EQ the bass up, the bass sounds bad, slight increase in bass, but pretty bad quality bass?

The gain on the amp is set a bit over halfway of its max

edit: the speakers are rated at 110 RMS each. so is it possible that because the amps gain is set around halfway, thats causing the midbass to barely be there?

im still a bit confused about how RMS, and the amplifiers gain work? i assume, that turning the amps gain to like 90% but lowering the volume on the head unit should have better bass, than if i had the amps gain set to 55% and have the head unit volume higher?

is the amps gain, just a measure of RMS? which means how loud the speakers get per unit of volume in the head unit? or is there more to it?

Edited by Florida_Audio

The gain on the amp is not just a volume knob . Doesn't tell how much rms its putting out. . 

Who installed everything?

Install, install, install.

Something we can't help without knowing more about it.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Install, install, install.

Something we can't help without knowing more about it.

what should i post about the install?

i actually just replayed a few songs. i realized the midbass really only makes good punches during very low bass parts of the songs. otherwise the midbass doesnt really make much sound. i guess it sounds pretty good. i think the highs just overpower the midbass too much when i raise the volume too.

the highs are quite harsh at mid to high volumes. but at low volumes it sounds great.

is it best to lower the high frequency in the headunit EQ, or should i low the high frequency at the crossover? its a passive crossover i believe. and ive heard people say to set the crossover for the tweeter at -2 db? is this easy to do? just take off door panel and use a screwdriver to adjust the crossover?

Any and everything that is adjustable along with pictures of the mounting.

Baffle and deadening are a must for midbass.  The alpines bolted into the stock mounting versus the stock speakers with a fixed install will be a downgrade....

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Any and everything that is adjustable along with pictures of the mounting.

Baffle and deadening are a must for midbass.  The alpines bolted into the stock mounting versus the stock speakers with a fixed install will be a downgrade....

they were bolted in after a birch wood speaker spacer was placed. and a 1 ft by 1 ft sheet of dynamat deadener. was just something quick to add behind speaker.

Try moving the balance to just one side, if you all of a sudden get better bass response then you either have one whole set wired out of phase or just the woofer. Out of phase means that not all the speakers are wired + to + and- to -. There are certain cases where out of phase is a good thing, it might even help your case, but that's what testing and tuning is for.