Florida_Audio

Loud hissing sound when no music being played, is this normal?

3 hours ago, Thumpper said:

I would try another head unit

its not possible the crackling is due to the bad ground? same as the hissing from speakers?

the crackling only happens from the one speaker with the louder hissing.

both speakers hiss, 1 is louder than the other.

only one speaker crackles when pressing headunit buttons

The first thing in ANY situation with funkiness like that is to check EVERY connection.  Sounds like the complete install is jacked and you should really disconnect everything and reconnect it all.  While you are in doing that you should fix all the funky stuff the shop did.

Crackling and hissing isnt helping me understand and the fact you're limited on car audio knowledge, I would suggest taking it to another shop before it gets worse or you do any damage to equipment or vehicle. Its good to learn but all this seems way over your head. 

What happen to letting AE do your work instead of the shop you went to?

7 hours ago, Florida_Audio said:

its not possible the crackling is due to the bad ground? same as the hissing from speakers?

the crackling only happens from the one speaker with the louder hissing.

both speakers hiss, 1 is louder than the other.

only one speaker crackles when pressing headunit buttons

I would check everything including every inch of  wire.....I have seen flattened / pinched speaker wire and RCA cable cause noise

it's strange the way you say the noise comes with touching the head unit buttons....

that really makes no sense and almost sounds like there is an internal problem

5 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

Crackling and hissing isnt helping me understand and the fact you're limited on car audio knowledge, I would suggest taking it to another shop before it gets worse or you do any damage to equipment or vehicle. Its good to learn but all this seems way over your head. 

What happen to letting AE do your work instead of the shop you went to?

sorry, who is AE?

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

The first thing in ANY situation with funkiness like that is to check EVERY connection.  Sounds like the complete install is jacked and you should really disconnect everything and reconnect it all.  While you are in doing that you should fix all the funky stuff the shop did.

man... i should really ask the shop for partial refund... if i need to redo their work... which i dont even have the tools for.

4 hours ago, Thumpper said:

I would check everything including every inch of  wire.....I have seen flattened / pinched speaker wire and RCA cable cause noise

it's strange the way you say the noise comes with touching the head unit buttons....

that really makes no sense and almost sounds like there is an internal problem

ok thanks. this really does seem way over my head as jcarter mentioned..... i really dont have the cash to spend to have someone else fix this...

maybe i will contact the shop again and let them know these issues are here, and ask what they are willing to do to fix it. theres really not much i can do with the shop. im sure they have to know how to fix these things, they are just too lazy to have done it right the first time and too greedy to bother fixing it now i do have issues.

i wonder if the reason the installation took much longer than they expected, is because they realized some issues and tried fixing them, but eventually just gave up and thought they spent enough time, and were done.

Edited by Florida_Audio

There's no way any existing issues would cause problems with a brand new system install. There's also NO WAY any shop worth anything at all would ever give a vehicle back to the customer knowing that had any sort issue they caused because of the work they were doing and charged anything at all let alone full price.

This kind of bullcrap right here is how I made a fair bit of extra money back in the late 90's, early 2000's, fixing the crap that shops in our area screwed up.

Personally I wouldn't give that shop another millisecond of my time and they sure as hell would never get another dime from me. I would find another shop or an individual who had a great reputation for doing this kind of work and take it there since doing this kind of stuff is still outside your skill set. I would also forget about trying to get any sort of refund or having them try to fix their mistakes. They'll bullshit their way out of any of this being their fault and if they weren't capable of doing the work right the first time they are sure as hell not even close to being able to fix it. 

Write it off as a lesson learned and move on. The one thing I would definitely do is make sure that everyone knows the quality of the work they did if it ever comes up in a conversation so that no one else falls victim to their inadequate and sub par joke for a "professional shop".

1 hour ago, altoncustomtech said:

There's no way any existing issues would cause problems with a brand new system install. There's also NO WAY any shop worth anything at all would ever give a vehicle back to the customer knowing that had any sort issue they caused because of the work they were doing and charged anything at all let alone full price.

This kind of bullcrap right here is how I made a fair bit of extra money back in the late 90's, early 2000's, fixing the crap that shops in our area screwed up.

Personally I wouldn't give that shop another millisecond of my time and they sure as hell would never get another dime from me. I would find another shop or an individual who had a great reputation for doing this kind of work and take it there since doing this kind of stuff is still outside your skill set. I would also forget about trying to get any sort of refund or having them try to fix their mistakes. They'll bullshit their way out of any of this being their fault and if they weren't capable of doing the work right the first time they are sure as hell not even close to being able to fix it. 

Write it off as a lesson learned and move on. The one thing I would definitely do is make sure that everyone knows the quality of the work they did if it ever comes up in a conversation so that no one else falls victim to their inadequate and sub par joke for a "professional shop".

true that thanks. this is definitely a lesson learned. forcing me to learn things at a faster pace than i would like, but yes it is. unfortunate though.

i thought this local shop was one of the best in the area. from their google reviews and yelp i think, i tried to check as much as i could. but it wasnt enough

and update.... well i almost never play the radio in my car, but i just did for a few minutes

and i checked to see if i could produce any crackling noises from the right speaker. and by the way i forgot to mention, i believe it is ONLY from the TWEETER and not the speaker below it.

so when playing the radio on headunit, it does not crackle at all. nothing i could tell, when pressing buttons. super weird?

so maybe it is the headunits fault? and nothing else? or is it possible its the installation job, and it for some reason doesnt affect the radio source?  weird?

i got it from sonic electronix and it seemed to be brand new, but ive heard rumors that they often ship our refurbished items, when they list them as new...