Dragon76

Sealed Vs Ported which is best for SQ

Looking to run a Sound Quality system just wondering when it comes to SQ is sealed better thing ported I here if you run sealed you need more power to push the subs.

The one that integrates better with your front stage....for sq the bass part is uber easy

Ok thanks 

Front stage is where you need to focus, that is HELL in comparison.

Ya I'm going to try my first active set up for my front and rear stage checking out what parts express has to offer going to run a DSP not sure what brand a friend of mine told me to check out a company called minidsp or maybe Zapco or Helix. 

MiniDSP has been nothing but good news to my ears. 

I don't use rear speakers in my mountaineer, I find it sounds cleaner and allows you to position the sound field far easier. Choose quality drivers, nail crossovers and more than enough sound is possible for all passengers with a decent amp. I only have 50w x2 currently on some RF prime 6.5's and it's keeping up fairly well with a FI BTL 18 on 1500w. 

I hear the PPI 900.4 recommended often as a great powerful budget amp. At under 200, it's the next thing on my list to buy. Haven't heard any complaints; I want it because it's tiny and powerful with enough control to run active with no processing. 

Also, focus on nice solid baffles for your mids. Look into deadening at least your front doors, it'll help insanely. 

Edited by SpeakerBoy

Cool thanks for the advice. 

Hey Shannon thanks again for the info I will definitely have to make a trip there to check out your set ups take care my friend. 

Welcome to the forum!!

Thank you 

Welcome to the forum.

You're on the good track !

Nothing wrond with Focal speakers and Mosconi amplifiers, if you can get them.

I have ran Focal sets for 10 years and I loved them. But big money equipments are not the only ways to sound good.

Good luck.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Notorious97200 said:

Welcome to the forum.

You're on the good track !

Nothing wrond with Focal speakers and Mosconi amplifiers, if you can get them.

I have ran Focal sets for 10 years and I loved them. But big money equipments are not the only ways to sound good.

Good luck.

J, This is the member I mentioned on the phone who recently switched from Focal to raw drivers. 

Notorious, You want to give him a run through of your experience with the switch so far?  I believe you're using the Seas ER18RNX woofers, correct?

:WELCOME:

Thanks for sharing. 

Welcome - looking forward to see your SQ setup ;-)

Welcome to SSA!

If the sub enclosure is build to correct specs, you honestly can't go wrong with either set up. Mr. Alton is the man when comes to designing enclosures, so your in good hands there too.

Sealed will be easier and smaller but ported can be made to sound just as good if done correctly.