As a mater of fact i will not only compare them in car but in home as well, i just need to locate someone willing to lend me a 500w plate amp.

However looking at your current and comming line up your only 18 is way out of the linear displacement/powerhandleing range of the Avalanche. Build me a custom LMS-4000 18 to test? :wacky:

If you want to test the 12 or 10" LMS-4000 i can arrange that, i cant give you an 18 right now.

I'd like to do more of a h2h comparison. My ava will be set in for HT duty if my TC9 w/ DP soft parts has good SQ with more daily tuning.

However, when you do get the 18's up and moving, if you'd like, I am more than willing to do a head to head comparison, LMS vs XBL^2. :D

The 5400's are ready now.

Here's the T/S for thers 15"

Qts = 0.256 Total Q

Qes = 0.265 Electrical Q

Qms = 7.260 Mechanical Q

Fs = 18.758 Hertz, Free Air Resonance

Res = 4 Ohms, DC resistance

Ls = 3.276m H, series inductance

Lp = 5.831m H, lossy series inductance

Rp = 4.467 Ohms, loss across Lp

Dia = 330m meters, effective

(%shift) 20.1 %, resonance with mass

Vas = 193.1 litres, air volume equivalent

mms = 383 grams, effective mass

cms = 187.9u m/N, compliance

bl = 26.09 T*m, motor strength

n0 = 461.9m %, max efficiency

SplSens = 88.64 dBSPL max @1W absorbed

hardly inefficient and hardly high Q.

:)

efficency isnt bad at all. much better than the RL-S's 82.X

also much better Q from the Rl-S which is almost 1.00 Qts.

I sent TC an e-mail but ive yet to get a responce so ill ask here.

I have a TC9 i am stealing off of an e12a to make a custom SPL driver. I was going to use Death Penulty soft parts but Incriminator is out and ive yet to receive word about new soft parts comming in. The intraweb bull about the Havoc using a modified TC9 is apparently bull so i cant use havoc soft parts.

I assume i could use a TC3000 recone kit but i dont want to purchase the basket, just the soft parts. I was also wondering if it would be posible to have more SPL oriented soft parts made. I will be using a 15" 12spoke basket "hopefully"

I have a TC9 i am stealing off of an e12a to make a custom SPL driver. I was going to use Death Penulty soft parts but Incriminator is out and ive yet to receive word about new soft parts comming in. The intraweb bull about the Havoc using a modified TC9 is apparently bull so i cant use havoc soft parts.

I assume i could use a TC3000 recone kit but i dont want to purchase the basket, just the soft parts. I was also wondering if it would be posible to have more SPL oriented soft parts made. I will be using a 15" 12spoke basket "hopefully"

I'm not sure what basket you have, but the TC3000 soft parts require a 10" spider and the spacers are tall too, I know for a fact the 12 spoke and 4 spoke baskets that many companies like DD and RE use will not work.. they are too small. Its best you replace the entire top assembly to get the most out of the motor. I could give you smaller spiders with no spacing but then you're just back to a normal softparts.

Whats your email address?

Elias, the tc2k is a TC9 mot.

Edited by 7

efficency isnt bad at all. much better than the RL-S's 82.X

also much better Q from the Rl-S which is almost 1.00 Qts.

The Q is not very important because that can change depending on install. The efficency is very important, but keep in mind the LMS-5400 is twice the price of the RL-s.

RL-s can still pretty much smoke the best of em.

I'm not sure what basket you have, but the TC3000 soft parts require a 10" spider and the spacers are tall too, I know for a fact the 12 spoke and 4 spoke baskets that many companies like DD and RE use will not work.. they are too small. Its best you replace the entire top assembly to get the most out of the motor. I could give you smaller spiders with no spacing but then you're just back to a normal softparts.

I know Kyle. I have a TC2,TC2+,TC9 and 3hp in my posession :P

CBFryman@hotmail.com

So there is no way to get a custom set of softparts made? Im not really up for spending $200 on softparts for a motor i paid 90 shipped for. :wacky: