Sign in to follow this  
ChadS13TDI

Switching my setup. Need opinions/Advice XCON in sealed?

I did a quick search and it seems like an XCON in a sealed box is acceptable but curious to hear some additional opinions and or suggestions for a new setup in my New Jeep.

I have had my 12" XCON powered by a Rockford T1500 running at 4ohms  in a large ported box (forget dimensions) and it's been great for years. 

I'm looking to put a new system in my Jeep Grand Cherokee but I don't want the huge box in the back exposed.  So I'm leaning towards a sealed setup.    I could switch it up all together but I'd prefer to use the gear I already have. 

Opinons? Box design suggestions?  Anyone else have a Jeep GC? 

Are you going to run your amp at 4 ohms again?  That as well as your goals, will effect the size of the enclosure.

1 hour ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Are you going to run your amp at 4 ohms again?  That as well as your goals, will effect the size of the enclosure.

Yes I would plan to keep it at 4 ohms.   I guess my goals are to keep the box below the screen things that hides the possessions in the trunk. I need to get the measurements but I'm thinking I will have to have to sub fire up. 

My plans are to replace all the speakers in the doors and power those as well. 

I listen to all types of music but more electronoic/dubstep than anything else. Not doing any competitions or anything  

I feel pretty confident that no matter what I do the sub will pound with it being in the back seat. VS before it was in the trunk of my car In a ported box. 

Let me know if I forgot anything else  

Thank you 

My first thought is to go about 1.25 cubes with 1 - 1.5 lbs. of polyfill.