Sencheezy

230 DCV Car Audio Build

Some more updates from over the night!

20160915_1639091_zpsm85iecwn.jpg

20160915_1700051_zpsjffgihlz.jpg

20160915_212014_zpspnzugzb9.jpg

20160915_220411_zpsmesy3whd.jpg

20160915_220507_zpsnvvvzxnx.jpg

So far, we got the battery rank mounted and secured. 

We have the batteries in place. 

I removed all the pre-existing wire for the subs and batteries. 

We mounted and secured the amp rack support system. 

Things to do:

We have to run and crimp 70 lugs for the subs, and 25 lugs for the top half of the battery bank. I'm using JY Power for the wiring, and SHCA for the terminals. 

Mount the amp board then mount the amp on top of that. 

And at that point, everything should be playing. I wish I could charge the bank up, I'm not sure what it's resting at, it hasn't been charged since Slamology. 

Fingers crossed you get this thing done for Finals brother...We'll be there for sure. Haven't seen this thing in action since you had the Ethos in it in Spartanburg like 3 years ago! 165 bound!

12 minutes ago, musgofasa said:

Fingers crossed you get this thing done for Finals brother...We'll be there for sure. Haven't seen this thing in action since you had the Ethos in it in Spartanburg like 3 years ago! 165 bound!

I will see you soon!

On 9/16/2016 at 3:52 PM, musgofasa said:

I kind of seen what went down in your other post, I do apologize for that. Message me on FB brother and I will try to help you achieve your goals with what you want to do with your system. 

7 hours ago, Sencheezy said:

I kind of seen what went down in your other post, I do apologize for that. Message me on FB brother and I will try to help you achieve your goals with what you want to do with your system. 

Thanks man

we talked about it once before. Actually that's where some of the 4th order ideas came from...you and some of the other guys who've worked in your build. I have never heard yours with the Evils but hopefully that will change here soon....if I'm lucky before we actually start cutting wood! Actually I'm hoping there will be more Evils at Finals for me to listen to as well. There's a lot to this build other than reaching for SPL numbers so I'm keeping a very open mind on it. 

17 hours ago, musgofasa said:

Thanks man

we talked about it once before. Actually that's where some of the 4th order ideas came from...you and some of the other guys who've worked in your build. I have never heard yours with the Evils but hopefully that will change here soon....if I'm lucky before we actually start cutting wood! Actually I'm hoping there will be more Evils at Finals for me to listen to as well. There's a lot to this build other than reaching for SPL numbers so I'm keeping a very open mind on it. 

Well for reference:

6 Evil 15s

10 cuft sealed

35 cuft ported

900 sqin of port

I play strong from 28hz to about 54hz. I can play 26hz and I squeeze my butt cheeks at 24hz (too low). My port was tuned at 48hz and my peak is around 49hz. The subs are inverted (for cooling). I want to test the other way, since now I have so much power. I have noticed in particular with my build, the two front subs, top and bottom nearest the port, have been receiving more excursion causing some issues with those subs. I've also had 1 sub in the back fail before as well. That was an etho tho, not an evil. Remember my build is subs facing side wall, exiting the front port. 

I hope these key points will aid you some with your enclosure design. If I was to change, I would do all subs and port forward. If I wanted a crap ton of power and subs, I would use a tool, such as MiniDSP.com to time align the subwoofers. 

5 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

That's Awesome Senchez !!! Wish I could get a demo. 

Come to KY brother. I do believe I may try to come to Wake the Dead on Oct 29th I believe. 

I'd have a better chance to meet you in Tennessee some time for a demo. Get Wrecker call up that way all of the time.

I had such a great weekend! I'll post some pictures now. 

Here you can see how I managed to view my charging levels while in the house. There is no auto shut off, so once it hits 270, I turn it off. 

IMG_20160924_232613_zpsb0g3gvhm.jpg

Here was my resting Voltage moments before going into the lane. This was after about 1 hour of low music volume during the drive-in. 

IMG_20160925_120053_zpssb4cjx60.jpg

Here showing off the new Bass Knob. 

IMG_20160925_115652_zpsk8kme0jw.jpg

So this was the highest of the day, I very much babied it because of the new recones. Hoping I can reach my goal of 167 next month. 

20160925_175325_zpshfn6jukf.jpg

And this is what I left with. I took home 1st place in MECA M5 and MECA RadX earning 2 TN State Championship Titles!

IMG_20160926_002255_zpsick7efyf.jpg