edouble101

2015 Hyundai Sonata

Makes more sense.  Amps are turning on too fast.  The minidsp delay circuit or another will solve it.  Sucks the h800 doea that :(

10 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Makes more sense.  Amps are turning on too fast.  The minidsp delay circuit or another will solve it.  Sucks the h800 doea that :(

I am using a minidsp for L-R rear fill. I disconnected the remote out to it and plugged in the NVX. The 3 seconds of delay was not enough. Any other advice for creating a delay?

a delay on relay is pretty easy to build. this circuit might be easy enough for you to put together

http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/Articles/555-timer-delay-before-turn-on-circuit.php

the output of the 555 probably isnt enough to turn on more than a 1 or 2 things so you could add it before the minidc or add a relay after

in either case make sure you have the diode on the output pin 3

Edited by lithium

Before I start implementing another component into the chain I should find out why I have this issue. 

The H800 has been used for years by many people. Why I am having this issue? Looks like time for a 5 why to get to the root cause.

Does the H800 do anything else goofy?  3 seconds is a super long time for it to boot up.  I blame it but can't say I have great ideas on what to check on it.  Naturally I'd double check all my grounds, but eek :(

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Does the H800 do anything else goofy?  3 seconds is a super long time for it to boot up.  I blame it but can't say I have great ideas on what to check on it.  Naturally I'd double check all my grounds, but eek :(

Everything else is working great. My grounds should be efficient. 

1 hour ago, edouble101 said:

My grounds should be efficient. 

Obviously.  I've seen your installs.  I'd be tempted to add a power switch on the remote wires of the amps to have the rest turn on, then flip the switch and make sure that the uber delay solves the problem.

On 7/16/2016 at 7:45 PM, lithium said:

a delay on relay is pretty easy to build. this circuit might be easy enough for you to put together

http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/Articles/555-timer-delay-before-turn-on-circuit.php

the output of the 555 probably isnt enough to turn on more than a 1 or 2 things so you could add it before the minidc or add a relay after

in either case make sure you have the diode on the output pin 3

Thanks for the information.

18 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Obviously.  I've seen your installs.  I'd be tempted to add a power switch on the remote wires of the amps to have the rest turn on, then flip the switch and make sure that the uber delay solves the problem.

Thanks for your interest. It will be a while until I have time to look into this but remotely turning on/off the amps will be a great diagnostic tool.

Hopefully one of these days I'll remember to call NVX during business hours. 

Not that you really need a switch, just unplug the remote wire from the amp and touch it when you want it on...

I'd do that before calling NVX.  If that makes it go away, you need to call on the H800 instead IMO.

I would think the NVX is the problem before the alpine those units are used in world champion sq builds and NVX is mid level at best. Not that good products can't mess up they can but I would think the NVX would more then likely be the week link.

6 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

I would think the NVX is the problem before the alpine those units are used in world champion sq builds and NVX is mid level at best. Not that good products can't mess up they can but I would think the NVX would more then likely be the week link.

You should re-read the trouble shooting he's done.  Your brand loyalty and generalizations are more than idiotic.  He already stated that with delay the amps don't make the noise.  ie, it isn't the amps.  Could be a combination of things, but on their own the amps don't do it. 

I realize it is hard for you to swallow that you spent a bunch of money on stuff and could have had a way better sounding system spending way less, but stop making odd projections based on zero facts and only emotion.  Decisions and discussions on emotions don't fare well on forums.

31 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

And like I said before here is someone with a click when he turns his amps on and I know your gonna say it isn't there when he I hooks the alpine but that's just because there is no signal. 

An amp is stupid.  It will play what you send to it, rather simple lol.  Doesn't mean that there can't be things that don't work nice together as shit happens, but he already tried without and no pop.  Instead of offering brand loyal fodder why not try to help for once.  And yes, if you amplify no signal you will get nothing other than of course the noise floor of the amp.  It isn't rocket science.

11 minutes ago, jcarter1885 said:

:suicide-santa:  What are power aquatic subs? 150db yeah right and where are these so called all and sq build logs at? 

How do you post up pics? I try and it just says you are only allowed 2.23 mb's and want let me post them. Tell me how and I will be glad to post the pics. Like its so hard for a 38 year old to afford a system. Lol yea how outrages gotta be lying lmfao

Love all the upgrades, those wheels look great in that car.

image.jpeg

Well I got one pick to post but can't figure out how to post any from my library. 

Stop thread dumping in build logs.  Your forum etiquette blows donkey dick. :(

16 hours ago, edouble101 said:

Not audio related but I am super stoked about this mod! I mounted 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe rims on my Sonata. To me, they look stock!

20160726_180132_zps1xmcmybp.jpg

20160726_180159_zpscjvzbf4l.jpg

20160726_180238_zpspzgjerf0.jpg

Looks good. How do you like those Nitto's?

5 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Stop thread dumping in build logs.  Your forum etiquette blows donkey dick. :(

Well atleast my forum etiquette and you have something in common. And dude didn't believe I had a system so I was trying to post a pick of it just for proof. Shit is way to complicated. 

19 hours ago, edouble101 said:

Not audio related but I am super stoked about this mod! I mounted 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe rims on my Sonata. To me, they look stock!

20160726_180132_zps1xmcmybp.jpg

20160726_180159_zpscjvzbf4l.jpg

damn those are sexy wheels eric!!! I think I need to maybe look into something similar.... I'll try and find it but whats bolt pattern on yours? 

8 hours ago, nem said:

Looks good. How do you like those Nitto's?

I put 65 miles on them so far. I went from a 215/55R17 to a 225/40R19. With the smaller sidewall height and my stiffer than stock aftermarket suspension I was expecting a somewhat harsh ride. I am very surprised that the ride quality is not jarring at all. The sidewalls on these tires are not as stiff as I expected. I think Nitto describes these tires well as a "comfortable tire". I am pleased that the steering response is improved and I have a higher cornering speed. Reading over reviews on these tires some people rate it low accuse it "isnt as stiff" as their previous performance tire. Well....duh...the tire isnt designed to be an all out road grabber. It is designed for someone who needs a good all weather daily commuter tire and that likes to hit up twisties on the way to work.

My buddy just put larger 19" Honda OEM wheels on his Accord. Same model year, but these wheels were on a more expensive model than his car. He regrets the decision now because braking and acceleration was compromised. I have not noticed degraded braking or acceleration with my swap! Although I could replace my front 1 piston calipers with OEM 2 piston calipers...hmmm

I would like to add a front strut bar and replace the stock rear sway bar with a larger swaybar. Then Ill be done with suspension mods :)

5 hours ago, Shogen said:

damn those are sexy wheels eric!!! I think I need to maybe look into something similar.... I'll try and find it but whats bolt pattern on yours? 

I know a guy that put Toyota Rav-4 wheels on his new Corolla. Looked good! They may fit your Camry. I have 5x114.3.

Here are the RAV4 wheels

2016_rav4_toyota_rim.jpg

I put those on the Camry and loved them, quiet and very grippy. Sadly we only put about 1100 miles on them before trading it.

Almost time to put to eighteens in the trunk!

Resized_20160729_180130_zpsx1jkbdta.jpeg