edouble101

2015 Hyundai Sonata

On 7/27/2016 at 7:37 PM, edouble101 said:

I put 65 miles on them so far. I went from a 215/55R17 to a 225/40R19. With the smaller sidewall height and my stiffer than stock aftermarket suspension I was expecting a somewhat harsh ride. I am very surprised that the ride quality is not jarring at all. The sidewalls on these tires are not as stiff as I expected. I think Nitto describes these tires well as a "comfortable tire". I am pleased that the steering response is improved and I have a higher cornering speed. Reading over reviews on these tires some people rate it low accuse it "isnt as stiff" as their previous performance tire. Well....duh...the tire isnt designed to be an all out road grabber. It is designed for someone who needs a good all weather daily commuter tire and that likes to hit up twisties on the way to work.

My buddy just put larger 19" Honda OEM wheels on his Accord. Same model year, but these wheels were on a more expensive model than his car. He regrets the decision now because braking and acceleration was compromised. I have not noticed degraded braking or acceleration with my swap! Although I could replace my front 1 piston calipers with OEM 2 piston calipers...hmmm

I would like to add a front strut bar and replace the stock rear sway bar with a larger swaybar. Then Ill be done with suspension mods :)

I know a guy that put Toyota Rav-4 wheels on his new Corolla. Looked good! They may fit your Camry. I have 5x114.3.

Here are the RAV4 wheels

2016_rav4_toyota_rim.jpg

haven't updated my sig.. I have a Mazda 3 .... so your wheels actually would fit.... hmmm ... need to remove that center cap or cover it... might be a win for me

I mounted my IB baffle. I am very pleased with how it looks.

20160731_153329_zpskqupxkb4.jpg

I am not finished with all the wiring. I need to make RCA cables and route the wiring neatly. I am using a Twisted Sounds TS2.8KW to power the subs. The pre-order price on this amp was under $600 and it is a 3.5kw board :) The amp is mounted upside down on the bottom side of the false floor. This piece of MDF will be covered in carpet and the amp bottom will be a piece of lexan. Should look pretty cool when it's all done. 

20160731_174634_zpslkmzbh3d.jpg

20160731_174714_zps6t72p9sl.jpg

20160731_174721_zps1x8tbmxm.jpg

1 hour ago, edouble101 said:

I mounted my IB baffle. I am very pleased with how it looks.

20160731_153329_zpskqupxkb4.jpg

I am not finished with all the wiring. I need to make RCA cables and route the wiring neatly. I am using a Twisted Sounds TS2.8KW to power the subs. The pre-order price on this amp was under $600 and it is a 3.5kw board :) The amp is mounted upside down on the bottom side of the false floor. This piece of MDF will be covered in carpet and the amp bottom will be a piece of lexan. Should look pretty cool when it's all done. 

20160731_174634_zpslkmzbh3d.jpg

20160731_174714_zps6t72p9sl.jpg

20160731_174721_zps1x8tbmxm.jpg

wow looks really nice. and you still have alot of trunk space?

1 minute ago, Florida_Audio said:

wow looks really nice. and you still have alot of trunk space?

It cuts back on some trunk area but there is still a decent amount

baffle and install of amp look amazing.... gotta start looking at my options in the hatch... 

You probably could have gone aperiodic with that vehicle. Awesome.