Sign in to follow this  
XTRMEASURES

warranty

You can find this information under "Products" on the Sundown Audio web site. It reads as follows:

"WARRANTY INFORMATION:

Your new Sundown Audio amplifier is covered by a 2 year limited warranty if purchased from an authorized Sundown Audio dealer. This warranty does not cover improper installation, accidental damage, misuse, abuse, improper wiring, operation of unit outside of listed specifications, or any product that has been modified or repaired by anyone other than Sundown Audio. This warranty is transferable provided the original invoice or receipt is still with the unit so that its new owner can prove date and place of purchase.

All warranty returns must be sent freight prepaid to Sundown Audio and be accompanied by the original sales invoice or receipt. For faster warranty service please contact us to request a return authorization code. At the sole discretion of Sundown Audio your amplifier will be either repaired or replaced.

If no defect is found and the unit must be shipped back the customer is responsible for return freight, if the unit is truly defective the replaced or repaired unit will be shipped back prepaid. In the event of shipping damage due to improper packaging of the return the customer is liable for the cost of all damages, necessary repairs, or replacement. Be sure to properly pack your return!

Sundown Audio also offers a 5 year guarantee to our customers for a discounted replacement unit. We are so certain of the quality of our equipment that even if you are at fault for causing damage to your amplifier we will offer you a new unit at a reduced cost compared to MSRP. Contact us via e-mail to take advantage of this offer, even though we doubt you will ever need to! This offer applies ONLY to the original purchaser of the unit and is not transferable like the 2 year limited warranty. As is the case with standard warranty claims the return MUST be sent prepaid and with a copy of the original invoice or receipt."

Just a question....

Say i ran one at .25ohms and it blew.

How would you know i wired it tha low unless i told you.

And if i did say i sait it was within the listed impedances.

Would i get a new amp or get it repaired ?

Not trying to be a dick, just would like to know so i can shut someone up

Just a question....

Say i ran one at .25ohms and it blew.

How would you know i wired it tha low unless i told you.

And if i did say i sait it was within the listed impedances.

Would i get a new amp or get it repaired ?

Not trying to be a dick, just would like to know so i can shut someone up

It would be pretty obvious when the amp was opened up what had happened, and that is not covered by the 2 year limited warranty.

It would be covered under the 5 year discounted replacement guarantee, so you would get a new amplifier, but it wouldn't be free.

Generally I will prefer to replace the amp with a new unit and repair the damaged unit to sell as refurbished, in order to ensure the amp has been repaired fully and thoroughly tested it could take some time. We want to get the customer a new unit as fast as possible, so generally they won't have to wait on a repair. Be it under the 2 year limited or 5 year discounted replacement warranty.

A repair will be preferred if it is something extremely minor like a loose solder joint or some such (which is covered by the limited warranty).

I'm curious, what are the telltale signs that the impedance has been dropped below rated levels?

I'm curious, what are the telltale signs that the impedance has been dropped below rated levels?

Generally a catastrophic failure will be user error. Failures like exploding caps, burnt transistors, things of that nature -- I've seen most of them since I blew up quite a few amps as a newbie and was entirely at fault.

If I have any doubt that it was the customers mistake I will err on the side of the customer and simply replace the unit under warranty during the 2 year limited warranty period. I would rather have a happy customer than to save a few dollars on replacing a unit.

These amps are built very tough, and 99% of the time the protection circuit will save it before something goes wrong. I am fully confident that very few amplifiers will ever need to be returned.

how low can you run the SAZ stably 1ohm or could i pull of .5 daily and be fine for a long tme?

how low can you run the SAZ stably 1ohm or could i pull of .5 daily and be fine for a long tme?

It is specified to run at 1 ohm daily, and that is the lowest impedance load that will be covered under the 2 year limited warranty. From a design stand-point it should handle itself at 0.5 ohms on a daily basis with ample cooling, but it is not advertised nor guaranteed to do so.

Even so... it would be quite difficult to damage the SAZ-1500D as it has an array of protection circuits that will save it most of the time :)

Sign in to follow this