I recently had been in the market for a DSP, and ran across this pice of equipment.  The PPI DSP-88r and some input from fellow car audio nuts. Is it worth the $209 bucks. Pros. And cons. Thanks in advance

I like it a lot, seems well worth the $209 price tag. People claim zero noise, which is a key point for a DSP IMO. 

Remote control unit is also very useful. It also has optical in. 

Found it for $175 on ebay. Damn, makes me mad I bought an Audison Bit Ten and I've just sent the second DRC in for warranty...

I'm using two of the Soundstream Harmony DSP's which are the exact same unit but with the Soundstream badge on them. 

I personally love them. Though they lack a few features found in more powerful DSP's such as the miniDSP, but they're super user friendly, noise free and are a great first step into the realm of digital signal processors IMHO. 

Thanks guys for the feed back . I m going to hit Ebay and pick one up, 

On 5/24/2016 at 10:43 AM, altoncustomtech said:

I'm using two of the Soundstream Harmony DSP's which are the exact same unit but with the Soundstream badge on them. 

I personally love them. Though they lack a few features found in more powerful DSP's such as the miniDSP, but they're super user friendly, noise free and are a great first step into the realm of digital signal processors IMHO. 

The miniDSP is powerful but for me it did not work. Way too noisy, I ended up with all sorts of crazy attempts to fix noise. Now, they have a 2x8 for in-car installations, which I'm pretty sure has repaired the noise issues

using two 2x4 minidsp is also a bit annoying to tune when your switching between units. no noise issues if you use the dc isolator for me. 

All 6 of mine are dead quiet and i am picky...

The RF360.3 is a nice mid way option between the lesser expensive models and the Mosconi's for example.

16 hours ago, ///M5 said:

All 6 of mine are dead quiet and i am picky...

I've had nothing but noise out of my MiniDSP

5 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

The RF360.3 is a nice mid way option between the lesser expensive models and the Mosconi's for example.

I switched from the MiniDSP and can say that I am absolutely satisfied with it. it's not quite as easy to use as the MiniDSP but it has a lot more features.

On 6/10/2016 at 5:05 PM, Julian said:

I've had nothing but noise out of my MiniDSP

I switched from the MiniDSP and can say that I am absolutely satisfied with it. it's not quite as easy to use as the MiniDSP but it has a lot more features.

What is it that you couldnt do with a biquad??

Did you test your minidsp out f your car?  ....they arent noisy

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Correct, I pulled the Mini DSP out and got a noticeable whine out of it, I tried even tried running it off of the USB power and it still put out noise. Not sure what happened because it just started happening after a few months of use.

Sorry to clarify

MiniDSP = very easy to use with every feature you need outside of more than 4 output channels.

360.3 = insane amount of features and a bit more complicated to use and takes some more time to figure out. 

Still curious on the sonic features the 360 has the mini doesn't....my impression is the opposite but i havent spent that much time with a 360

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Still curious on the sonic features the 360 has the mini doesn't....my impression is the opposite but i havent spent that much time with a 360

Audio wise you're correct outside of 4 channels vs 8, although I wasn't solely speaking about the audio features more of the other features it possess.

Absolutely no noise with my mini dsp 2x4 so far. 

I use the DC isolator. 

like bluetooth and other stuff? lol .. I'm assuming thats where you're going with that

On 6/13/2016 at 2:33 AM, Julian said:

Audio wise you're correct outside of 4 channels vs 8, although I wasn't solely speaking about the audio features more of the other features it possess.

On 6/13/2016 at 1:33 AM, Julian said:

Exactly what I am asking.  What features does it have that are useful?

The 360.2 I had was super noisy and basically useless compared to a miniDSP.  So much so I haven't considered one for anything and would generally have people run from it.  I'd like to be educated if that isn't the case. :)

4 hours ago, Shogen said:

like bluetooth and other stuff? lol .. I'm assuming thats where you're going with that

Short list, 

wired remote includes 2 assignable controls for master volume, sub level, or bass boost, and switches to select between 4 sources and 3 EQ presets
inputs: 8 RCA preamp, 8 speaker-level, L/R auxiliary RCA, 1 optical TOSLINK (S/PDIF), and Bluetooth device
Bluetooth, optical in, 

remote amp turn-on with selectable delay times (1, 2, 4, or 8 seconds)

8 preamp outputs (up to 8 volts)

2 channel Aux input

Ah, ok so nothing useful except multi source which for me is pointless as well.  Thank you.

On 6/12/2016 at 9:52 AM, ///M5 said:

They are not noisy themselves but they lack the noise rejection circuitry which "in-a-box" DSPs have.

With the Pioneer fix on one of the amps, isolated DC supply for the phone and for the miniDSP and it still had some noise.