Quick question for all of you who are a lot smarter than me! My math told me it wasn't enough but I wanted to double check with you all. If my sound system drives 4100 watts will a 270 amp Max 200 idle alternator be able to support it? Especially accounting a/c etc. If it will that would be awesome, but if not I'll just go with SSA Icons instead of xcons. 

Ps I know I could probably get multiple alternators but it would be a tight fit, and personally don't have the capability so it would probably cost too much. 

I think you would be fine. Just make sure you watch your voltage.  And batts wont hurt

I think you would be fine. Just make sure you watch your voltage.  And batts wont hurt

4 hours ago, Cj the newbie said:

Quick question for all of you who are a lot smarter than me! My math told me it wasn't enough but I wanted to double check with you all. If my sound system drives 4100 watts will a 270 amp Max 200 idle alternator be able to support it? Especially accounting a/c etc. If it will that would be awesome, but if not I'll just go with SSA Icons instead of xcons. 

Ps I know I could probably get multiple alternators but it would be a tight fit, and personally don't have the capability so it would probably cost too much. 

it's NOT going to work...........   you NEED a FLUX CAPACITOR ........................

double post

Xcons dont need full power anyway, music is dynamic as well so you wont be seeing 4100 watts. Install a voltmeter and let her rip, if voltage drops than upgrade batteries to AGM if you havent already and add one if need be. Also do the big 3 wiring if you havent yet.

Xcons dont need full power anyway, music is dynamic as well so you wont be seeing 4100 watts. Install a voltmeter and let her rip, if voltage drops than upgrade batteries to AGM if you havent already and add one if need be. Also do the big 3 wiring if you havent yet.