Godsmack

"new" roadsters

The Saturn Sky and Pontiac Solstice...........Test drove a stock Sky. They are going to have a supercharged "redline" edition soon. Even for stock I thought it moved rather well. 177 horses and the redline wil have 260, for only 3G more but have better gas milage, and functional special air induction (i foget the exact name).

anyways can i get everyone's thoughts on these things???

J

The real question is how did it drive. For similar money, I'd probably be looking at a used Z3 or Z4.

I hate the way Z3's handle, though...

used SL500 ftw!! :superman:

:fing34:

haha, honestly I would take a new Miata over the ones selected, it is proven and has a great track record, easy to work on and find parts for, not to hard to pump more ponnies into it

Unless you put the M coupe suspension under it.

Unless you put the M coupe suspension under it.

It drove amazingly............stayed glued down to the road going around a 45 mph curve at 65...........not hugly over but it glided through it like a dream..........switched lanes extremly easily..........And this was without the upgraded suspension, or the turbochraged engine. Personally I just fell in love with it, and to be honest i don't want a bmw............just not something i care for and i have never had a brand new car..........I figure after Iraq i am allowed to treat myself.

J

used SL500 ftw!!  :superman:

haha, honestly I would take a new Miata over the ones selected, it is proven and has a great track record, easy to work on and find parts for, not to hard to pump more ponnies into it

absolutely... either that or a used s2000 :) I'm not a honduh fanboy but s2k's are incredible right out of the box... pretty much track-ready

Isnt the chassis design loosely bassed on the Elise? Or is that hear say?

Either way they look good as hell. :)

I love the styling of both cars. I hate GM and I'll leave that at that (Vette excluded).

I really like the Crossfire, but it is a Chrysler product and they need to take these small, impressive looking vehicles and put some torque behind them. Not everyone wants a little motor that needs to be revved sky high to do anything.

you guys see the LS7 powered solstise? hehe..i want one...

anyway, there are quite a few of them running around here now, and i like them. already tuner parts popping up for them...i day if you like it, get it.

screw these guys and their eurotrash cars...:lol2:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

LS7 solstice is like an LS1 RX-7 on roids...OMFG FAST!!!

The LS7 is the redline SKY................or thats how i undertsand it............can someone post a link to info and pics of it or maybe just copy and paste??

J

The LS7 is the redline SKY................or thats how i undertsand it............can someone post a link to info and pics of it or maybe just copy and paste??

J

ummm, no...lol...

it's a hot rod magazine project car, IIRC, that might be available as a kit..or something like that....

do a google search..you'll find it...it's insane.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH ON A BICYCLE!!!!!

SICK!!!!

Yes the caps were intentional!!!

I want that damn thing.

I'd say m,aybe 20 MPG or less.

J

i take it you found the article??

told you it was insane!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yea from hot rod's site via google.......sick chit

J

reading a mag today the Solstice (turbo) was 1st outta the bmw roadster (2nd) and the 350z roadster (3rd)

reading a mag today the Solstice (turbo) was 1st outta the bmw roadster (2nd) and the 350z roadster (3rd)

Hells yea

J

my brother's funny

He saw a solstice and is like...pshh, thats such a rich persons car.

I proceeded to tell him that the car is not all that expensive and basically owned him

lol...rich guys car?? good work elias..lol...

teh soltstice beat the bmw and nissan? sweet....one for us i guess..lol...any links?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I'd say m,aybe 20 MPG or less.

Not when the new Z06 gets 28 MPG highway. This thing is lighter so it could potentially get up to 30-32 MPG as long as they took the stock ls7 with the t56 and swapped it in there.

But MPG is a drivers thing, and I would get no where near that number driving like I do.

It's funny becuase people who drive sports type vehicles pay little attention to gas mileage.

I will say though, even with 4:10s in the rear, I get 32 mpg on the highway.