Just curious if anyone knows of a double din touchscreen hu that could keep up with something such as the 80prs audio control wise. I like to use cds and usbdrives, so extra points for those additionally. 

I run a carpc, does all that you ask...but isn't quite as straightforward.  Currently running a 10" but there are plenty of double din sized monitors.

Double DIN and active capable aren't so common...

You are a master I admit it, how would you recommend getting started on running something like this? Is there something that really helped you?

Start by listing what it needs to do.  Always want to shop to fill your goals.  Easy enough from there.  The more stuff you need it to do the more $$ and the more complicated.

I have unique needs and will share later, but you should describe yours.

As for master, I am just a hack...but one that is good at planning.

Well, I would want to be able to have a simple setup. For the first build at least. Something to dive into the world of control audio wise a decent amount of eq control, as well as crossover control. Something that I can mess with but would be easier to fix if I mess up (best way to learn) the ability to play CD's and high quality files, as well with a tuner option. Decent sized screen would be nice, for aesthetic purpose (have to like looking at in the end!) Hopefully dash placement being option. I hope I covered the majority of there's an area I missed let me know. Price wise my theory is I don't mind saving to do it right and high quality :)

14 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

As for master, I am just a hack...but one that is good at planning.

A hack with a plan comes out with greater results than most. Einstein thought himself something like a hack! 

A double din and a mini dsp will give you the capabilities of an 80prs and then some.

A double din and a mini dsp will give you the capabilities of an 80prs and then some.

4 minutes ago, jcarter1885 said:

True just curious if there was an option that melded the two. 

Some high end sq guys use the alpine 800 with the seperate crossover controller to make a double din they stack them. It looks like you have 2 head units but they sound awesome and have a ton of control. But they are pricey like $800 I think. 

As a noob to active having LIVE adjustments is huge.  Simple and carpc does not exist...

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

As a noob to active having LIVE adjustments is huge.  Simple and carpc does not exist...

By simple I suppose I meant if there was more broad ways of adjustments for at first..I guess I don't truly know how to type what I mean, but yes live adjustments would definitely save me!

Live on a touchscreen and a minidsp requirws an expensive touchscreen.  Software needs high resolution....

Minidsp is also rather complicated compared to the 80prs

I run the Kenwood DNX9980HD. Touch screen, use my USB drives all the time, and run the occasional CD/DVD through it in Sound Quality comps.

Bout the only thing that I really need separate is in the active crossover section. Guess that all depends on your application.

I think they have newer models now. Can be kinda pricey.

Good luck with your search.

Double post.

Edited by Randal Johnson
Double post.

On 6/8/2016 at 3:34 PM, Randal Johnson said:

I run the Kenwood DNX9980HD. Touch screen, use my USB drives all the time, and run the occasional CD/DVD through it in Sound Quality comps.

Bout the only thing that I really need separate is in the active crossover section. Guess that all depends on your application.

I think they have newer models now. Can be kinda pricey.

Good luck with your search.

that hu doesn't have enough xover for full active. and i'd rather have separate l/r eq

double post.... 

Edited by lithium

its a bit old now but a alpine h701 and double din from the similar time frame would be a possibility. 

wtf all teh double post... 

Edited by lithium