jntar

Project "GET LOUD!"

and i reccomended the B-series because they are pretty much the honda universal block (doesnt take much modification to fit a b-series into an A,C,D,E,F engine bay...probably easy to drop into an H enigne bay but why would you want a B-series in an H bay) with lots of power for such small cars. They are also very easy to tune as long as you have a working EMS which can be bought really cheap and are quite prevelant (at least around here).

You are going over my head my man...I get the idea of what you are saying. Any version Civic/CRX motor will fit in any of the same bay.

wasnt saying use one type R....i was saying they are that easy to get loud as phuck in. We where dabbleing in the 150 realm with little knowledge of what we where doing with a crappy battery and crappy power.

i want to see you touching 160's with that type of equiptment :)

60's would kick ass...I am thinking 55-56 range myself...

you can get 9 12's in that thing if ya want.....

and live in the 60's....

well, they have to be squares...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

you can get 9 12's in that thing if ya want.....

and live in the 60's....

well, they have to be squares...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Maybe further down the road I'll keep that in mind :)

275808_40_full.jpg

just to get your blood flowing...

muhahahahahaha

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

275808_40_full.jpg

just to get your blood  flowing...

muhahahahahaha

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Yummy!!

and i reccomended the B-series because they are pretty much the honda universal block (doesnt take much modification to fit a b-series into an A,C,D,E,F engine bay...probably easy to drop into an H enigne bay but why would you want a B-series in an H bay) with lots of power for such small cars. They are also very easy to tune as long as you have a working EMS which can be bought really cheap and are quite prevelant (at least around here).

You are going over my head my man...I get the idea of what you are saying. Any version Civic/CRX motor will fit in any of the same bay.

Well any CRX/Civic/DelSol/Integra/really anything honda, but you have the idea.

Rebuild the carb and play with the timing, if that doesnt get 'er running i say stop by a local salvage yard and find an integra and steal its engine. There are probably 100+ B18 to CRX swap walk throughs on the net. :)

Integras are acura....der

Dont rip those louvers off, i bet they will dance like crazy when you get the wopoferage in

too bad Acura is made by honda and Acura is honda everywhere else in the freaking world except america where an econobox company cant make a nice car unless the econobox company owns the company that makes the nice car.

same thing with lexus/toyota

This could be a hella sick project but why MT's???

J

cus MT's PWN all.

cus MT's PWN all.

not.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

too bad Acura is made by honda and Acura is honda everywhere else in the freaking world except america where an econobox company cant make a nice car unless the econobox company owns the company that makes the nice car.

same thing with lexus/toyota

NSX.....no honda equavelent to that is there....

I dont recall any hondas using the B18 either

But then again, imports can lick my but and i dont care about them. PITA to wire up.

Honda NSX... ;) That is who the NSX is "made by" everywhere else but the US and close contries.

and the B-Series was never used in a USA honda, correct, but it can easily be transplanted into almost any honda. :)

Yes, Honda made the NSX before Acura did...Honda owns acura, just as lexus and toyota, infinity and nissan...Enough with the bickering.

J

Cause a I have them and the DDs are getting reconed ;) I am not a bandwagoneer...they hold together when abused with 10kw, that is why I use them. The DDs couldnt handle the power, but were louder.

Now...Bad news...car is shot. Its going to cost way to much to get it where I want it. I am going to just bite the bullet and buy one in good shape.

J

Cause a I have them and the DDs are getting reconed ;) I am not a bandwagoneer...they hold together when abused with 10kw, that is why I use them. The DDs couldnt handle the power, but were louder.

Now...Bad news...car is shot. Its going to cost way to much to get it where I want it. I am going to just bite the bullet and buy one in good shape.

:( oh well... just lmk when ufind one i can help $$$ wise.

J

Whats wrong with it ?

If its messed up sell the parts on ebay

J

I can understand DD's getting reconed.........I've just seen too many dead MT's due to chitty and/or not dry glue.................they don't impress me at all.

J

J

before you do that seriously look into a new engine. I have faith in you and honda engines are the next step after 5hp briggs in mechanical knowledge (its kinda sad and ironic. going from working on a go-kart to working on a bigger enlcosed go-kart)

do a price comparison and pay yourself for labor too in the price comparison. around here running CRX's run 1000-1800 dependin on how ragged they are and what "modzzz" the owner thinks he is selling you. :wacky:

And though i have no first hand experence with the MT's or the DD 9500's or 9900's, the MT's seem to be dominating the competition right now so they cant be a bad choice :).

J

Whats wrong with it ?

If its messed up sell the parts on ebay

It just going to cost more to get/keep it running and add to the body pannels then if I were to just go buy a '88-91 body style in good shape.

J

I can understand DD's getting reconed.........I've just seen too many dead MT's due to chitty and/or not dry glue.................they don't impress me at all.

J

I've never had one fail. They take the power and are still only being tickled. The DDs failed very quickly.

J

before you do that seriously look into a new engine. I have faith in you and honda engines are the next step after 5hp briggs in mechanical knowledge (its kinda sad and ironic. going from working on a go-kart to working on a bigger enlcosed go-kart)

do a price comparison and pay yourself for labor too in the price comparison. around here running CRX's run 1000-1800 dependin on how ragged they are and what "modzzz" the owner thinks he is selling you. :wacky:

Not a new motor...a new car ;) Calling a junk yard today.

I just saw a pair fail before a drag in Niagara Falls, and a few others fail i n Rochester and such...........they just aren't anything that impresses me.

J

where are you located anyway?

There is a Geo Metro for 1200 right down the road from my grandparents house. It has been sitting there for a few weeks though and it says negotiable so you could probably talk them down, i was thinking about stopping and takig it for a test drive for my own project loud but unless they would give it to me fore less than $400 there is no way in hell i could do it.

Heh, 1990 is the oldest that edmunds goes for and dealer valuein good condition for our zip is only $395. Thoes people are crazy. I should print that out and take it to them then offer htem $250 :D