jntar

Project "GET LOUD!"

Gasket is a simple fix. I'm guessing the arm has some sort of O-ring setup? Pull that bitch off and take it apart.

x2 The nice thing about carburators is fixing fule problems takes little knowhow. Unlike fule injection where you need a code reader/computer/engineering degree.

Bathtub sealer FTW.

Please elaborate. I dont really understand.

He is kidding (i hope). Sealing up the gas leak with the caulk stuff they use to seal bathtubs (i think that is what he is talking about).

Carbs are NOT simple. Expecially smog carbs such as this. Injection is far less complicated and easier to work with.

Tuning takes a screwdriver and troubleshooting is generally easy.

Precise tuning of a carb is an art. Few can/have mastered it. Fuel injection mapping is as simple as punching buttons.

expensive as punching buttons :D

Im not going to argue that fine tuning carbs is a very hard art to master. I Agree 100%. However just getting it to run decent takes a little know how and a screwdriver :)

So is spelling, and checking over your finger's handy-work..........but hey we all can't be master carb. tuners.

J

So is spelling, and checking over your finger's handy-work..........but hey we all can't be master carb. tuners.

J

:puzzled:

Show me a spelling error in the above quote and I will try a backflip, on video, without a trampoline.

J

:puzzled:

Show me a spelling error in the above quote and I will try a backflip, on video, without a trampoline.

Sorry sleep depravation plut it being you made me see a mistake that i just mis-read............

J

I am going to slap you fackers if you dont quit whoring my thread. :P

I

'

M

A

W

H

O

R

E

I may still try the backflip thing :D

BTW

I hope the lawsuit doesn't stop the project from moving forward.

I

'

M

A

W

H

O

R

E

BTW

I think the bipolar fat ass little fag was just pissed that we wont let him compete cause of sexual harassment and was blowing smoke our way. I tried to call the other org and left a message...doubt anything will come of it.

I

'

M

A

W

H

O

R

E

BTW

I think the bipolar fat ass little fag was just pissed that we wont let him compete cause of sexual harassment and was blowing smoke our way. I tried to call the other org and left a message...doubt anything will come of it.

You obveously (spelling help here???) know if there is anything we can do to help bro all you have to do is ask!!!!

J

Let me know if you want this cleaned up. Sorry for getting OT.

Let me know if you want this cleaned up.  Sorry for getting OT.

Nah, its good...I wub joo guys :)

x2 The nice thing about carburators is fixing fule problems takes little knowhow. Unlike fule injection where you need a code reader/computer/engineering degree.
Bathtub sealer FTW.

Please elaborate. I dont really understand.

He is kidding (i hope). Sealing up the gas leak with the caulk stuff they use to seal bathtubs (i think that is what he is talking about).

I was not kidding, but wouldn't recommend it in a place near decent vacuum though as it will suck it in, also can't be anywhere hot, or under too much pressure. For instance though if you have a small hole in your gas tank a washer, sheet metal screw that is slightly thicker than the hole and some bathtub sealer are the bomb. It will harden when wet, even with gas and doesn't dissolve via petroleum distillates. On any area of the manifold that is pulling vacuum again though I wouldn't recommend. The carb gasket should be like $5 and cheaper than a tube anyway. If not, the gasket in a tube is okay for there just don't use too much.

The reg cab 1/2 2 wheel drive doesnt have a very large towing capacity compared to a 4x4...UHAUL wouldnt even rent me a full size trailor. I had to always use a tow dolley.

U-haul is nuts. They won't rent anything to tow behind an Explorer. The only troubles you'd have towing are wheelbase issues with a long trailer, the rest of the truck would be fine. Of course this recommendation comes from a guy who used a 300cu in 6 cyl Ford to tow a 15,000lb boat. Mind you never on the interstate, but wtf if you are smart enough to understand how to keep it from dancing and realize it is behind you everything should be fine with your truck and even a pretty long car trailer. Your CRX will be close to 3000lbs once your gear is in it though. The only car I've ever owned that was near 1300lbs was my 59 VW Beetle. Stripped and cal look, 1230lbs without the stereo that never made it into the car.

Just remember, if it fish tales...gas gas gas!

:)