Has anyone ever seen a JL audio HD1200/1 amp dyno'd. I'm just curious as to what kind of power they actually produce. Seems like every other amp in existence has been tested except the HD and slash 1200's. I'm guessing but I would think they do slightly over rated like 1250watts just curious if anyone has tested them or knows for sure. 

It will do power.  

The amp dyno is useless and wrong anyways.

Yes I know it doesn't show real world, in car on music results, but it does give you a base line on sign waves, to compare it to other amps. And I pretty much knew it does rated I was just curios if they did anymore. 

Unless it does like 50% more than rated(which I would put money down that it does not), you would not notice any difference between it and another amp of similar power level. An extra 100 watts at that power level makes no difference. Finding a dyno rating would just be for personal piece of mind or "bragging rights", kinda like the birth sheets that some amplifiers come with.

3 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Yes I know it doesn't show real world, in car on music results, but it does give you a base line on sign waves, to compare it to other amps. And I pretty much knew it does rated I was just curios if they did anymore. 

It doesnt even do that.  The thing is completely a waste of money and stupid to use it compare with anything.

Really, so why do pro's even buy and use them? Do they just not know better. Almost hard to believe they aren't accurate at testing voltage and frequencie. They gotta be pretty close cause every amp I have seen tested did close to rated and some better or worse depending on the brand. Like the zapco, sundowns etc did slightly over and some of the cheaper stuff did a lot less. You sure this ain't just bad blood between you guys and tony?

Simple question if it is a measurement.  What is the uncertainty.

And btw, those aren't pros.

And to clarify the only bad blood i have is their milking noobs with useless pieces of shit.

I just watched a video of a guy clamping a amp and comparing it to the amp dyno and it was dead on so what's the actual problem with it if you don't mind me asking?

And clamping is now useful?  Lol.

Answer my question and yours will be answered in the process.  I realize that takes thinking but thinga should all of a sudden become more clear.

Your about a pucking smartass. I asked a simple question in as nice a way as I could and you reply I should think. If thinking could answer my question I wouldn't even have asked. Don't worry dick head I want ask anything else. You are what's wrong with the bass head community you can't just comment or not comment you gotta act like your the uppity expert and where all stupid just for asking. How can Arron be so polite and helpful and you be such a dick and stay employed or in business. I own a business and even if a customer asked me a dumb question which they do sometimes I wouldn't reply by demeaning them that's just not good business. 

Ow and feel free to block me boot me I honestly could give a flying fuck. Only answers you get here are little smart ass comments so what's the point? No wonder in all of the world there is like 12 people on here. 

Plenty of us still are on this forum, no one comments anymore hardly because it's always the same shit answered plenty times before.

Plenty of us still are on this forum, no one comments anymore hardly because it's always the same shit answered plenty times before.

Triple post

I didnt tell you to answer your question but mine.  Not sure why that set you off.  If you do it will make it so the next time you might have a question like this that you dont have to ask it.

If it's a stupid question to you just don't answer. Not all of us are pros and we gotta start somewhere and make mistakes to learn. Did I post in the expert section or something?  I honestly was just curious how much the amp dyno'd compared to my crescendo 3500. But no sweat I will figure it out on my own.

10 hours ago, garychurch84 said:

I looked throught tons of pages just to see if I could find anything relating to either of my amps and didn't see a thing. I did see where they tested the synergy wtf1.5 and some sundown stuff but nothing on my JL or crescendo 3500. And yes I know it makes no audible difference if it did 1200 or 1500 I just wanted to know cause I'm on the fence about buying another HD1200 for my second sub or just switch out them for the crescendo BC 3500. If they both do exactly what they say then it probably wouldn't be any difference either way. I would assume 2400 watts of JL power would be real close to a crescendo bc3500 at 1.5ohm. Could I atleast get a opinion on if it was you guys what you would do. 

On June 21, 2016 at 7:52 PM, ///M5 said:

And clamping is now useful?  Lol.

Answer my question and yours will be answered in the process.  I realize that takes thinking but thinga should all of a sudden become more clear.

Are you suggesting I just clamp it? Didn't you just say that wasn't accurate either? So how in the hell do people test these amps then? Oscope and meters or what? I honestly always thought you just used a meter and a scope and watch for a clipped signal and plug the numbers and get your answer am I wrong? Ow and I don't have a scope so I can't do it myself and I don't even think the local audio shop has one. 

Suggestion is to share why you want to know and your goals.

Clampimg, amp dyno, etc are amp useless and will tell you less than the manufacturers specifications but translating what is important to do qe cannot unless you twll us why you are interested

I would do the second JL, unless your competing any extra wattage wont make a difference. Plus I'm not a fan of Crescendo and their customer service. Really its a toss up: either 1 or 2 amps, more wiring or just keep what you have now, space, etc.

I would do the second JL, unless your competing any extra wattage wont make a difference. Plus I'm not a fan of Crescendo and their customer service. Really its a toss up: either 1 or 2 amps, more wiring or just keep what you have now, space, etc.

Yea I think I will just throw another HD in it and sell the crescendo. I was gonna use 2 of the crescendo 3500's for a spl build but since I can't ever seem to find another bc3500 to match the one I already have I just gonna sell it and go another way on amps. I have 2 sundown team 12's so I'm gonna need a couple of decent size amps or one monster amp. I prefer the 2 smaller amps cause it's easier to buy one at a time instead of saving up for one big lump of money. Plus it's easier to sell cheaper amps then huge high dollar amps. Or atleast where I live it is.

Good choice : sell the Crescendo to have some more money for a secong JL amp, and batteries and wire, accessories,...etc.

I'm not a fan of Crescendo amps. There are very few of them where I live, but I've seen ...a few failures...And their customer service doesn't have a good reputation.

Good choice : sell the Crescendo to have some more money for a secong JL amp, and batteries and wire, accessories,...etc.

I'm not a fan of Crescendo amps. There are very few of them where I live, but I've seen ...a few failures...And their customer service doesn't have a good reputation.