Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Clinton

hints on second line?

just wondering what kind of power and features you are planning for the other line, and what they might look like? :thanx:

I am working on the following:

4-Channel for SAX Line (~100 x 4)

Larger 2-Channel for SAX Line (~250 x 2)

Larger Class-D for SAZ Line (~2500+ watts)

Entry Level 4-channel (~50 x 4)

Entry Level 2-channel (~75 x 2)

Entry Level Class-D (~1000 watts RMS)

The SAX and SAZ lines you are familiar with, the looks will remain consistant with them. Although, I am looking into offering a glossy finish as an "upgrade" option later on -- it costs alot more to build, but it looks GREAT (have some protos done this way).

The entry level line, the SAE series, has not been finalized cosmetically. Expect them to follow the same cues as the other series, but have a "smaller" look to them. These are still in the works for the most part, so nothing is definitive!

ahhh yes i was hoping a good 4 channel would be in there, after hearing the mono proto i'd love to have a class a/b from you for comps

ahhh yes i was hoping a good 4 channel would be in there,  after hearing the mono proto i'd love to have a class a/b from you for comps

Lucky for you the SAX-100.4 will be the next product to be released, I expect within 6 months from launch of the SAX-100.2 and SAZ-1500D :)

On that note... what do you guys think about Sundown Audio offering an intro sale on each new amp as it debuts? I may not do it direct like I am for my very first products, but would work with my dealers to set it up.

I'd definitely be interested in a 4-channel in 6 months(discount either way is good for me). I would do the 1500D right now but my RE35.1D still works for me

send me amps...

that is all

Loyd L.

I call 2nds! :woot:

250x2 huh? Damn shoulda waited on that. :)

I think there should be a slightly larger 4ch.. 100x4 isn't that big. It would be nice to have a 150x4 or there larger.

Edit: Ooops.. Figures.. This post is old as chit. fudgein fourms and loosing their databases. Doesn't anyone do recent backups? heh.

Edited by Fixxer

Either way good time to reiterate how I'd love a 6 chn.

5 or 6 channel would be hawt...

No crossovers/processing needed, to cut down on costs...just a heatsink and connectors :)

I am working on a 6-channel but I will have crossovers installed. A non-crossover amplifier likely won't happen all that soon as the overall market appeal isn't sufficient for me to produce that sort of thing *yet*

... but, expect alot of cool stuff once I get the ball rolling and can make some niche items :)

That sounds great Jacob, do you anticipate using a 24db xover as 5 and 6 channel amps are hard to find with 24db xovers.

Most likely they will have 12 dB or 18 dB slopes. It is quite possible that I will incorporate 24 dB crossovers in later revisions of the lineup.

Stop procrastinating and get working on the sae 1000D, after 2 weeks of having my system installed, i see the bass head addiction i thought i wasnt going to get. so i must have 2000 watts of power not 1000. Also check ur pm's in a few minutes concerning me losing pm's from earlier about my purchas elil while ago.

Mike-

Would like to see an entry level 500 watt class D amp....

Also, any timeline on the 3000 watt SAZ?

500-watt Class-D IS in the works as well :)

SAZ-3000D has no firm ETA... although I am shooting for 6 months.

Would like to see an entry level 500 watt class D amp....

Also, any timeline on the 3000 watt SAZ?

500-watt Class-D IS in the works as well :)

6 Mos? Cool...that's right when I'll be coming back from Iraq.

so what would the difference be between 2 1500d's strapped and a 3000D?

i'd love to run that on 2 audioque HD3 12s

:D

and if i get a summer job, this will be VERY realistic!

The difference is that the strapped pair of SAZ-1500Ds are rated 3000 watts @ 2 ohms... the SAZ-3000D will be rated 3000 watts @ 1 ohm. And despite some rumors that are apparantly circulating, it is NOT just two SAZ-1500Ds in one chassis!

The difference is that the strapped pair of SAZ-1500Ds are rated 3000 watts @ 2 ohms... the SAZ-3000D will be rated 3000 watts @ 1 ohm. And despite some rumors that are apparantly circulating, it is NOT just two SAZ-1500Ds in one chassis!

hmmm i like the sounds of this!

.5ohm stable like the 1500d?

i'd love to run this on my mags and possibly the audioque hd3's if i ever get enough money.

ill PM you to stop filling the thread.

Sign in to follow this