I read some where that all alpine head units have crossovers that cut off bass at 30hz so they want allow you to hit the low lows. Is this true or just internet BS? 

Lol do you think they'd even be relevant still if that was the case? Use  your noodle.

Lol do you think they'd even be relevant still if that was the case? Use  your noodle.

No, if you look at they're spec sheets from the amps and subs today most of them state a frequency response. The type r 8's alone reproduce down to 30hz and alot of the larger subs have an FS below 30hz. 

5 hours ago, Parker C. Nerat said:

No, if you look at they're spec sheets from the amps and subs today most of them state a frequency response. The type r 8's alone reproduce down to 30hz and alot of the larger subs have an FS below 30hz. 

I don't think you know what you're talking about. 

9 hours ago, SpeakerBoy said:

I don't think you know what you're talking about. 

It's pretty self explanatory. 

I was just trying to further my explanation and opinion that the cutoff of 30hz is inaccurate. 

unless of course alpine is undercutting themselves idk why they'd do that tho lol

MY POINT IS IF THEY MAKE AMPS AND SUBS THAT REPRODUCE BELOW 30HZ WHY WOULD THEY HAVE A CUTOFF @ 30 O.P.

I read it as YOU were saying subs can't play below FS. Mah bad.

I love Type R's that's why I got defensive :P I had a pair that dropped pretty low even in a dorky best buy prefab, and they take more power than they seem like they could.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

14 hours ago, SpeakerBoy said:

I read it as YOU were saying subs can't play below FS. Mah bad.

I love Type R's that's why I got defensive :P I had a pair that dropped pretty low even in a dorky best buy prefab, and they take more power than they seem like they could.

haha, yeah exactly man. type r's are at the top of their class forsure. dope azz wubs.