Kylar96

Burb build. 6- xfire 18s 6-ampere audio 3800s quad singer hair pins

doors and pillars first fire up..... xfire comp sets....

started to learn what songs/freqs it likes...... and we couldnt be happier. :)

Holy crap that's some banging. Nice. 

That's awesome. Yea I had the same problem in my neon with the trunk getting ripped off, and that was just barely over 150db on music. We welded that trunk back 5 different times, and it just kept ripping right around the welds. Like the welds held, but it would just rip new sheet metal on the outer edge of the welds. Luckily one side held or the trunk lid would have flew off.   My subs where ok, but my amps where badass, modified US2000x's, I have no idea how much they put out, but it had to be a ton. I bought them used from a guy who was sponsored by US amps, and they came out of a comp vehicle. They had been refurbished, and modded, by US amps. I ended up blowing both my 15" inch death penalty's like nothing. I got happy with the nobs one day, and I smelled the coils and turned it down, but they where already done. Next time I tried to play them they where locked up tight. And that was just 15-20 seconds of music. 

Edited by Billy Jack

On 6/25/2016 at 4:55 PM, Billy Jack said:

Thank you. A lot of work, time in this pig. We ripped the trans tunnel in 4 places, and the pass side floor had a 10" rip in it. That was taken care of via more metal and welding last week. :)

First show, 3x up north, with no testing yeilded a 159.5 legal, sealed up on the dash on db drag (burp) and also a 158.4 on bass race, which is a 30 second average on music :)

All sealed up on the dash, at 41hz. This last weekend was another 3x event, and put up a 160.1 on burpy, and a 159.4 on the music average run. Keep in mind, we only have 3 d7500's and one 3100 for battery, ..... yup, at 12 volt ;)  Its just gonna go up for sure. Still havent even played with the vent/loading wall in any way. Super stoked how its turning out. 

Nice score, nice build! :dj:

Do you have more pics of the car, the install ?

Nice score, nice build! :dj:

Do you have more pics of the car, the install ?

On 6/25/2016 at 4:55 PM, Billy Jack said:

Dude, i could probably crash this site with the amount of pics and vids i have of this. We done nothing but test, redo, test, fail, succeed, fail, test, and on. But, we havent touched teh vent since we shrunk it, and beefed it up. That, that will come kinda last, when we are comfy cozy with everything.  

So, we tossed some sand in the ported section to look for gather, or dead space. Maybe add a angle and test. As we watched the sand move, we noticed the floor getting worked. So, we put milk jugs in it, and bounced them around some........... As beef as this is, we didnt care for the movement. 

1" dom, with 8" wide 1/4" plate.

13054875_879835185458521_1254671806_o_zp

13599737_921368177971888_1864803816_n_zp

13625243_921421561299883_2011958459_n_zp

I can't wait to finish up my spl rig. If I could ever get another crescendo 3500 to match the one I got I could but every time I check there sold out or on back order. I'm about to give up ever getting another one and sell this one and buy 2 ampere audio amps instead. I have 2 sundown team subs and really need more power. I also have a sq setup in my new car that's all JL and alpine. 13w7's, HD1200/1's 137bt hu JL C2 61/2's and 6x9's and a alpine amp running them. Plus one 1000 watt capable battery in the trunk.1

Got the old(ish) hairpin alts out and sold, .... got the bracket off. Took to work, ....  just some lunch, and a 6 pack of shock top for a lil help.

Troublesome bolt hole chamfered, and TIG welded.

20160725_190614_zpsrvyvlvaf.jpg

No more clearance issue with a pan head here. 

20160725_190631_zpso57ossyg.jpg

20160725_190637_zps1er848i1.jpg

And the motor mount ear tab that snapped off because of the 2 tac welds they kinda put on there.

20160725_190650_zpskejq2qiw.jpg

And, the man text me around noon. This, is with the larger 1.9 pulley :) at low rpms (what we need for the long runs, not being able to be in the car. We have a throttle cable, but we adjust to 2k, and drop to 900 or so with in a few seconds. These will do some work ;) )

11719_zpsyb62f1ag.jpeg

Yes sir. 

11796_zpsfpfscjjp.jpeg

we happy, they will be over nighted tomorrow...... see ya wensday. 

NICE!!! :o:o:o

Sex right there, love that color as well. :droolcup:

23 minutes ago, jcarter1885 said:

Sex right there, love that color as well. :droolcup:

Wurd. I love love the color. He left the tooling marks in it, then took it down some. When they are in hand, ill get better shots. ;) Gonna make our engine bay look like complete shit lol

Few days ago, when we pulled all the alts and bracket out. We mounted one of the 370s to go dick off with........

18hz

(also, the doors have "some" metal in em....)

Looks loud enough to where I don't want to sit in it.

LOL looks bad ass homie !!! 

On 7/26/2016 at 9:55 AM, Randal Johnson said:

Looks loud enough to where I don't want to sit in it.

LOL looks bad ass homie !!! 

Thanks Randal. 

Got the new cases in yesterday. 

received_934098936698812_zps2ky8ry8u.jpe

received_934099090032130_zpsfsaadyvf.jpe

20160728_173657_zpswupivpos.jpg

20160728_172950_zpsse67nzmf.jpg

11796_zpsfpfscjjp.jpeg

Dope

Edited by jcarter1885
Spelling

Got the alts back in......  

12348_zpsgmw6y2sd.jpeg

Figured with having all that sex there, we found a new intake tube to go pass side, so you could see em.

12759_zpsknqva1wv.jpeg

3x show over the last weekend. Great turn out. Some wicked loud there. Great rigs.

1st in street beat 5plus, and first in psyclone. Second in bass race. Some team from canada drove 19 hours straight, in a purpose rig and shit on everyone. Ive seen Pez's van do a 66.4. The loudest burp ive seen with my own eyes, but, he backed it with 2 dead nut 59.9 bass race runs. Ive never seen that with my own eyes before. Wicked.

received_968519003256515_zpshb6rskgk.jpe

20160806_181756_zpscmiyrveu.jpg

Numbers are still down :( and we cant figure out why. My guess is the floor being repaired and dampened. I cant think of anything else. .... anyway. Still having a blast. Gear ran all day, demo'd for hours, the alt belt never squeeked, nor did we lose a belt, i think we got that figured out, thank god, only took 5 months of heart ache,... put up OK numbers, and we were the only rig to do every discipline .....Just cant figure out the loss. Want high volt bank :(

That looks insanely loud (with 1 alternator only) ! :o

Congrats.

Welp, we were gonna wait till next season for any large upgrades. But......

Sold the 7500's and cap banks.  And well.......

17116_zpsmhgxzhb2.jpeg

17113_zpsqwwnsce7.jpeg

17110_zpsmxng7e3i.jpeg

17164_zpssghsocil.jpeg

20 xspower D1600s. :)

Got a shipment coming from Michael also. 3 seperate transpos for each alt. One alt will run the 12v side, keep the ECU happy, and run the non happy 4chans that dont like upper, and 3 for the bank. And yes ONE transpo on each alt. Just for realiablity. 

Stay tuned :)

Skids of gear!:ohsnap:

Yes sir. 1100 pounds, shipping weight. :) burban isnt gonna be happy lol. Also, ive done a few audio builds in my time. And this is the first time ive ever gone high volt. Skipped right to 18v LOL. Ive been told these 3800s come the fuck alive up there. Which is awesome because i think they do some great work at 12v. Im wondering about soft parts now, but, meh.... time will tell. Im hoping this gets to our 159.99 goal. :) Time will tell. Boards come out this weekend, and getting the bank in begins. Im hella stoked. Thanks for looking.