Kylar96

Burb build. 6- xfire 18s 6-ampere audio 3800s quad singer hair pins

Good luck man!

I can't wait to watch the vids!

:hsughexile:

Made it back late as hell monday night. That drive back was not fun at all. Got stuck on top of Donners pass because of weather. Took almost 16 hours to get back. The weather at finals was rainy as hell, but, it was still a great time, full of great people.

Official results where posted for our classes yesterday. 

Psyclone- 1st in the nation, 2nd in the world. Those canadians got us with a better RTA. We did get them on the loud and low portion, with a ending 155.3 at 20hz after 30 seconds/average. That is a new all time high using the new format. Pretty proud of that. :)

Bass race (30s average sealed on the dash) 159.9 class.- we were the ONLY team on the west coast to qualify. They take the top 9 in the world for brackets, with one buy. Then, met Neil Barber in the brackets. And he pushed our shit in. We still have work to do there.We did net a 6th place there, which, with that stacked bracket, im hella stoked about. 

Thanks for those that followed the build. At the moment it is parked in storage, and neither of us want to look at it, work on it, sit in it, or anything with it....lol..... time for a break, and to relax a bit before its pulled out and played with again. 

Again, thanks for all the support.

KB KC

:droolcup:

Had breakfast with Kenny this morning. Brought one of the 6 boards for me to dork out on. Man ohhhh man, do i LOVE the fit and finish on these. They feel uber well built.  Heavy as shit.  So, with out even having them hooked up yet, i will say, i dig the way they look and feel. They just feel built. If that makes any sense.  Anyway,.... lets try and get loud finally. :)

20170209_113613_zpsnwkpqeki.jpg

20170209_113353_zpsybtovuhp.jpg

I know it looks rough. Trust me, i know lol. But..... trying to figure out 18 FUSED runs,...... ugh... (install points for the ORG we run in, require proper fuses and length on said run).  So, trying to figure out each fused run, on each amp, is proving a bit of a head scratcher....but.... we have a idea or 4. 

20170209_121414_zpshfquw1s5.jpg

Hold tight for more. Trust me, its coming. Thanks for looking 

Nice...  Wiring nightmare...  I don't envy you in the least right now.  Wiring ia my least favorite part. 

Still following.

What a job !

I like the look of those XS amps. I've never seen one in my country, or on a online store.

:):):)

Thanks all.... i think we have a legit plan. Anyway..... 

170326_021020_1_zpstybsuaha.jpeg

170326_021020_3_zps7rmldpld.jpeg

170326_021020_4_zpsykardna0.jpeg

170326_021020_2_zpsrzpl51eb.jpeg

170326_021020_0_zps1ahy2cwm.jpeg

Actually gained a bit more room. The secondary HU, audison bit 10, 4 channels, fans, AC ducts, and volt meters will all get back in there also. Hope everyone that goes to shows, has a blast. Good luck, and enjoy yourselves. Thanks for lookin.

KB

Edited by Kylar96

On 2/10/2017 at 9:37 AM, Notorious97200 said:

Still following.

What a job !

I like the look of those XS amps. I've never seen one in my country, or on a online store.

I haven't "heard" ours yet. I have heard some out of state builds running them. They seem very reliable. Put out some good power. At 18volt, they better. A "4k" board with trip inputs/grounds,... yes please. They are thick and heavy. All of which is neat, but not a breeze to install 6 of them. 36 runs, half that MUST be fused for the ORG we run, is proving to be a bitch, and look decent. How do we have a pucking suburban and not have room lol.

But, we'll get it. We wired up worse before ;)   stay tuned for fun stuff coming ;) it better 599 3 times, and then be up there with the car off, or I'm gonna burn it to the ground. Thanks for looking all. Appreciate the love. 

On 2/9/2017 at 6:58 PM, ///M5 said:

My head hurts for you.  Keep it up!!

We spent 2 days pulling all the old shit,.. what a pain. Then spent another 2, just measuring, planning, scratching our heads. If we didn't have to fuse... fuck. But, we lost the world title by 3 points last season. Was the rta portion. You can NOT give up 10 points on anything. Install shit is as important as being loud.  Such a pain in the ass... worse part of it TBH. 

Rules have changed for rta this year. All of last year every single competitor was bitchin and moaning (including us) about a rta rule, that, when running white noise, you must maintain plus 100db. You had to crank it up soooo high for the meter to register. Our tweets where seriously screaming!!!  After wayne/judge panel listened to us all, they dropped that 10, to 90db. We changed from the ampere dsp, installed and tested a bit 10. We did back to back to back 100s (perfect) rta runs. So, we have that down. Load the file, hit play and sit back with a beer and post 100/100. Like I said, we lost the world title, by 3 points on this portion. So, that is a improvement right there. I won't get into our issues we had with our amps,.. fuck excuses, but, our low and loud portion WILL increase this season. I guarantee it ;)  appreciate the support and looks. 

Thanks all. Appreciate it. We are NOT good at finish work, but, he wrapped the fuck outta it all imho, and i think it looks dope. Hes really spreading his skills. 

We have the lay out figured, and wiring is rolling :) 

Kennys3_zpsd01pgsn9.jpg

output_zpsxycnehqy.jpg

More more more, I follow this build on two forums.

We got it playing about 11 or so last night. Just about to leave for the show. I'll post some shiz soon. But it's up and playing and so far, we happy. ;)

On 10/06/2017 at 8:39 AM, Kylar96 said:

We got it playing about 11 or so last night. Just about to leave for the show. I'll post some shiz soon. But it's up and playing and so far, we happy. ;)

Good news to hear !

:Jim:

3 firsts, a new personal high on burp, 30s scores where all down, due to the windshield peacing out on us.

Screenshot_20170611-102833_zpswv36ymzn.p

Mic fell off, (we taped the fuck outta it first, trust me) 4 times. Anyway, no big deal. 1st in psyclone, 1st in super street 5plus, and again, the only ones to 599. So a first there.

Screenshot_20170611-102825_zpssvy0l5ru.p

Its so much more brutal. We are very happy. The boards run wicked cool, make more power, much easier. Never seen the motor run as good as it did on the long runs. Before, it would almost kill the damn thing, but its all coming together now :)

That ride home tho........ 

Screenshot_20170610-201323_zpswczszklc.p

Also, just wanna add, the pic with the trophies and boards, thats HALF the wiring, .... 3 are flipped toward the drivers side to...... EVERY GOD DAMN hot fused, AT PROPER length. No cheating, no bullshit,.... legal as fuck. :) proud as fuck. As much wire you see on the pass side, there is as much on the driver side. Was NOT fun. But, it looks good. The RCA's need some love, but, that aint no thang.  We really need to run new ones front to rear, and re run errrrything nice and pretty,.. but, its up, and playing, ... playing all day, with no issues, and we couldnt be happier. 

Edited by Kylar96

3x event. on saturday,....Did all disciplines. (Psyclone, bass race, db drag) 1st in all. Set a new personal best in psyclone, beating our old score from last year's world finals where we took 1st in the nation, second on the planet. New rta high for us (99 outta 100) using the NEW mic, and did a damn fine low and loud 30 sec ave score using their 20hz song. We did do our 30 second low run,  then 159.99 30 second ave run back to back, which we have done before, but this time, lost/slinkied a coil. First driver ever lost in all the years doing this. 3 year old drivers, getting beat on, with some really decent power, and finally gave up one. Plans are already in the works,.. great show, great people,  fun day, and the pile put in some decent work. Very proud of Kenny, and I, and the turd.

20170826_150335.thumb.jpg.9c504be43837cb6eaf6b03e29e5c425a.jpg.59f45536c22936f2d4a307f161548045.jpg

Update from finals this weekend. 

Ride went great. Much better than last year. Weather was pucking great. We had 8 or so rigs with us, which, was rad as shit. We got to Reno, just at the mouth of that shitty Donners pass. I sent a text out, saying how great it was all going, and how it dont get much better than this. Guess i fucked it up, because right at the mouth of the canyon, one rig broke. We where already a 3rd the way up when we got the news, and there is like zero turn around points. We all met up top, and talked together, with the man down on the phone as well. I was in a car following the big rigs, so, me being with the easiest rig to drive, drove back down to get him. We got a tow truck to get the broke rig to Sky High headquarters. Jon Rabe, we OWE you big time. He let us drag it there, said "you can leave it as long as you want bro". So choice, and thank god, with out that, i dunno what we woulda done. Anyway, got that all sorted, then met everyone at the hotel late PM. Dragging some serious ass. Got a bite, and pounded a few drinks and hit the hay. No one slept well lol. Nerves where a tad rattled and on edge. 

We got to the venue, and got set up, got the alt belt on to run all 4, voltage checks, gain double checks, went down our list. Went smooth. We then sat in the corner, and debated running 159.99 bass race. It is a pretty known fact that Steve Mick has that on lock, and has for years. The talk was about losing the window. If the windshield goes, all shots of getting a fine score in psyclone LOW AND LOUD goes right out the window.,, choice was made to bail outta that, and just for fun, do 149.99 knowing that is STACKED as fuck. 

So,.. we laned up for 499 and qualified with several others at 49.99 .. Right to the hundredth. They use the hundy, to narrow the field. So we are in. Which to be honest, i did not even think we would qualify,.. its such a stacked bracket, and to get in, you normally need a perfect 99 or 98, which, is kinda hard for us, as we havent had to really knob it in 599. We just turn it to full and let it eat, MAYBE turn it down a lil with 2 or 3 seconds to see 599. Normally we can pull a 597 or 598 just letting it eat, and not touch shit. Anyway we are in which did surprise me. That said, we made it ALL the way to the final round LOL, running into a team nemisis guy from back east that we KNOW always does well in bass race. 5,.. YES 5 ties to get by him. Which is roll the dice round. Number was chosen, and he broke out. And like that we made the final round, where we had a tie with Christian (another cali guy, so one and two stayed on the west side :) )  So a second overall in that, which was all gravy.

Window was fine, and the 4 OG drivers that have scared me the entire time seemed OK. Psyclone run up. Running 2 clicks down  (thinking we had to save for the next round, we didnt), for first day, on low and loud, we managed a 155.6 at 20hz. Not a bad score at all, but down from what we have done before at other shows. We were sweating the 4 OG drivers pretty bad, well, really bad. 1 driver had a fresh recone we installed the day before, one a month or so old recone, and the other 4 being OG as fuck from 3 years ago. Tripping,.. yes, yes i was.

Also, we ran the MIC for the RTA run, probably 20 times while there testing testing testing. With driver temp changes, ambient temp changes, we even drove the rig inside where the lanes where and ran it 3 times, while everyone was eating during break. It worked,.. we put up a perfect 100. :) so stoked. RTA score is just as important as low and loud, or install. Got a perfect install 100 also. We managed to put up a 415 and change, breaking ALL previous records, and being the highest score ever achieved since psyclone was made a format. Even Gary Killians scores of old. So much respect to that man.  

So yes. We got a WORLD title. Number one on the planet. Ring paper work was filled out, colors and sizes where chose. Got home around midnight or so last night. So beat, so exhausted and SOOOOOOO proud. Super stoked how everything went. Every one there, all the Cali buddies once again, made us feel welcome, comfortable, and at home. Cant say enough about them all. Fam for sure.  

22489735_1324809377627764_2333510954109201109_n.jpg.844748ef6b2c0cddd0ef0397a3628c2b.jpg22489812_1324809537627748_799849777487319578_n.jpg.0ff6b5adb87745715e331e80c56238c3.jpg22528095_1324809234294445_5582913566210629754_n.jpg.336618c4c9843378448619e2db993ad6.jpg

Below. Me, Jason (tall guy) Kenny and Christian, And kneeling is Ray and Adam. Among other great friends and fam. 22539655_10207616416528118_3035263610325394669_n.jpg.2a7b7b0acce0490f33c4b98e4b27aa8d.jpg

I cant say enough to all that have helped and supported and followed. Appreciate all the love and support all. After years YEARS of tears and blood, sweat and some frustration,..

WE GOT IT DONE........ Thanks again all. Till next adventure, all be safe, enjoy yourself at the shows and lanes. 

Kyle

Kenny