shadowm891

Can this be repaired

Hi guys. I have a sundown audio sa-10 that has a small Rip on the foam and would like to know if it's repairable.Picture

Edited by shadowm891

Amazing goop works pretty good. Wouldnt look the best though

Send fix my speaker.com a email they will fix it. I had the same thing done to a Soundquebed HDC312. They said they could fix it but suggested I get it reconed so I did. But it was destroyed and when I got it back it looked brand new and worked perfect. It cost $175 I think it was but still better then a new sub.

Edited by Billy Jack

Beware of non OE recones as they could drastically change your speakers parameters and make the box you jave worthless.  Really some goop until it is worse makes the most sense.

5 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Beware of non OE recones as they could drastically change your speakers parameters and make the box you jave worthless.  Really some goop until it is worse makes the most sense.

Well seeing as most of these company's now just use the same off the shelf parts to build most subwoofers it probably want matter. Their is probably what 10 different motors, 10 different cones, spyders, and voice coils used to build dozens of the same woofer with a different company's logo stuck on it.  Same with amps. It's not a coincidence most of these woofers look like cookie cutter versions. Now honestly tell me I'm wrong and fi ain't the same subs as ssa or soundquebed and just a copy of a DD or a number of amps like DC, ampere, and several more ain't the same board with a new case and logo. 

:popcorn:

4 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Well seeing as most of these company's now just use the same off the shelf parts to build most subwoofers it probably want matter. Their is probably what 10 different motors, 10 different cones, spyders, and voice coils used to build dozens of the same woofer with a different company's logo stuck on it.  Same with amps. It's not a coincidence most of these woofers look like cookie cutter versions. Now honestly tell me I'm wrong and fi ain't the same subs as ssa or soundquebed and just a copy of a DD or a number of amps like DC, ampere, and several more ain't the same board with a new case and logo. 

:lol2:

12 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Fi builds for FI, SSA, AA, ... in the USA.  And their subs are not the same.

But they are very different to DD, or Soundqubed subs, or even to Sundown subs !

Obviously you don't know what you're talking about. You should stop, and have some good reading sessions !!!!

12 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Fi builds for FI, SSA, AA, ... in the USA.  And their subs are not the same.

But they are very different to DD, or Soundqubed subs, or even to Sundown subs !

Obviously you don't know what you're talking about. You should stop, and have some good reading sessions !!!!

19 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I never said they where the same as sundown or DD I said ssa was using a lot of the same parts as fi and soundquebed looked like a copy of the DD subs. Now that I think about it one of the American bass subs looks just like the DD to. And I know for a fact that some of the amps are they same boards just open them up and look there identical with a different name on them. I have even seen them in raw for from the build houses in Korea you used to be able to buy them from zenon with no name on them but the dealers complained and now you gotta buy them from the middle man. And I'm not saying there all the same obviously there not but there is a lot of brand whoring going on but as long as they make good products with tight tollerences it's ok. 

19 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I never said they where the same as sundown or DD I said ssa was using a lot of the same parts as fi and soundquebed looked like a copy of the DD subs. Now that I think about it one of the American bass subs looks just like the DD to. And I know for a fact that some of the amps are they same boards just open them up and look there identical with a different name on them. I have even seen them in raw for from the build houses in Korea you used to be able to buy them from zenon with no name on them but the dealers complained and now you gotta buy them from the middle man. And I'm not saying there all the same obviously there not but there is a lot of brand whoring going on but as long as they make good products with tight tollerences it's ok. 

Different soft parts make a completely different sub.  Read the definition of the t/s parameters and be enlightened.  Really, really obvious lol.

There are also hyundais and kias and others that look like jaguars and other vehicles but there nothing alike . . Looks dont really mean anything

There are also hyundais and kias and others that look like jaguars and other vehicles but there nothing alike . . Looks dont really mean anything