audiohz

What style crossover?

On the scv and saz amps what style crossover is used butterworth or linkwitz-riley ? Have never seen it said on sundowns specs.

Edited by audiohz

On the scv and saz amps what style crossover is used butterworth or linkwitz-riley ? Have never seen it said on sundowns specs.

The slope mostly answers the question.  Is there something else you need to know about it?  Measuring is rather easy :)

Just curious honestly which one they use I have read that the Butterworth filter can also go up to 24dB slope, I thought in the past the highest it went was 12db slope.

In the analog world a Linkwitz Riley is made from 2 Butterworth filters.

Cascade two -3db 12dB slopes and bam!

When you cascade to Butterworth filters, yes.  And that will net you a Linkwitz Riley.

Now, don't take this as that is what the Sundown has.  Digital circuits can approximate analog filters, but they can also change all the rules we know about analog filters.  ie, you can have a brick wall filter, flat phase response, different slopes and so on.  I doubt Sundown bothered with that expense in their amps, but either way it is somewhat irrelevant.  More important to you should be what slope, any frequency anomalies, and what has it done to the phase.  Of course on a sub in a car even all that is pretty pointless.

I could probably answer your question better if I understood it.  Not sure why you care what type of crossover it is on the amp (ie Butter or LR).