Sign in to follow this  
blowthemup

site down?

If you mean the products page, yes it is down temporarily for an update and rebuild.  Can I help with anything?

If you mean the products page, yes it is down temporarily for an update and rebuild.  Can I help with anything?

On 7/8/2016 at 4:13 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

Was just trying to check out the box specs for a 15" zcon, when I do my recone I might try and squeeze a 15 in there. 

On 7/10/2016 at 2:13 PM, blowthemup said:

Was just trying to check out the box specs for a 15" zcon, when I do my recone I might try and squeeze a 15 in there. 

I believe I replied to your email earlier today.

2 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

I believe I replied to your email earlier today.

I didnt get any email, I have been getting notifications for fourm replies though. I know the 15" likes a little over 4 cubes for optimal or something like that. Was wondering what the max and min is for ported and ported optimal.

16 hours ago, blowthemup said:

I didnt get any email, I have been getting notifications for fourm replies though. I know the 15" likes a little over 4 cubes for optimal or something like that. Was wondering what the max and min is for ported and ported optimal.

Oh ok, my mistake.  Someone asked the same question at roughly the same time you asked on here.  4.25 - 4.75 cubes is great (after displacement).  You can pinch down as far as 3.5 if you like.

Thanks Aaron, do you think I would notice a big difference from the 12 to the 15?

1 hour ago, blowthemup said:

Thanks Aaron, do you think I would notice a big difference from the 12 to the 15?

All things being equal, the cone advantage will show up in output.

I'd take a 12 in an optimally designed enclosure over a really cramped 15...but as you narrow that gap it could swap.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I'd take a 12 in an optimally designed enclosure over a really cramped 15...but as you narrow that gap it could swap.

I had the same thought back when I was on the market for a sub and bought the zcon. I could fit a 15 in an optimal enclosure but its gonna require me building in the trunk. Wasn't trying to do that but things have changed since my original thinking and im very well considering moving to the 15 since I need to recone.

Thanks for the opinion man.

17 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Agreed.