Sign in to follow this  
Billy Jack

SSA now carries NVX Audio (off topic)

8 hours ago, StreetLegal said:

NVX is decent, I use some of their stuff.

On July 5, 2016 at 9:35 AM, ///M5 said:

Sweet.  Love those little amps!

So JL is garbage but NVX is nice? This one sentence has told me all I need to know. No offense but NVX is cheap Taiwan stuff that's not gonna sound very good and sure isn't gonna hold up well guranteed. I do like the other brands SSA caries I own crescendo and sundown myself so I know there damn fine products. And I have no problem with cheap affordable products for beginners or someone on a budget but I can see now how biased M5 is if he thinks JL is junk and a cheap Taiwan brand is nice. 

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

So JL is garbage but NVX is nice? This one sentence has told me all I need to know. No offense but NVX is cheap Taiwan stuff that's not gonna sound very good and sure isn't gonna hold up well guranteed. I do like the other brands SSA caries I own crescendo and sundown myself so I know there damn fine products. And I have no problem with cheap affordable products for beginners or someone on a budget but I can see now how biased M5 is if he thinks JL is junk and a cheap Taiwan brand is nice. 

Your JL boner is disgusting and stupid.  Re-read the posts and think instead of getting your undies in a bundle.

I've run a few different JL amps.  Sold my slash amps on here in fact.  Replaced them with a cheap Taiwanese amp with the exact same board as that NVX.  It has the same amount of balls, sounds just as good, and was about 1/5 the price and about 1/3 the size. The JL amps sounded great...which states exactly how the NVX amps sound as well.  They have also now held up extremely well in a REALLY shitty environment.  Have three of them on my boat.  All run really hot (not temperature wise, but gain and load wise) in a very small space that is both extremely humid and hot.

As for the not sound good, you are exposing your noobness yet again.  I guarantee if I setup a blind listening test with both of them you could not pick the better sounding amp.  Of course that isn't fair.  These days making an amp is rather easy.  Just need to make sure that you use quality enough components and a good enough design to avoid thermal noise.  NVX does both of those.

You spend so much time trying to buy something that sounds good based on historic nonsense instead of optimizing your install.  The latter is what makes something sound good, not the equipment.  Nothing in car audio is rocket science, hard to design, or to manufacture.  Picking something that is made good enough for the task at hand is just fine.

Your signature says you own a dodge.   If I drew the analogy that BMW is JL then NVX is still way, way, way better than Dodge.  

Take the blinders off and read for context, not to try to make a point.  When you are doing that you just sound like an immature teenager that really needs to start to think for themselves.  You are better than that.  

First off I don't have a JL boner I just know they make a decent product but are a little pricey no doudt. And in your blind test I will be able to tell the difference cause the NVX will be the one going thump when turned on then after the music is playing you will hear that cheap Taiwan hiss all these PPI, Polk, and who ever else slapped there name on that 20 year old design makes. And I can see right through your prejudice now it would be like me saying someone's sundown system sucks and is for noobs then praising dual equipment from Walmart. 

Ignorance is bliss...

It looks like you are interpreting what everyone is saying into "JL sucks." JL makes decent-really good products, though they are not some holy-grail-brand as you make them out to be. They just have their marketing act together and can sell their stuff for premium prices. I have a couple JL amps myself, unfortunately one of them has turned itself into a really expensive paper weight. I am currently running two of those cheap taiwan PPI thumping hiss machines you talk about. Guess what! No hiss or thump, imagine that!

Edited by hdrox88

1 hour ago, hdrox88 said:

Ignorance is bliss...

It looks like you are interpreting what everyone is saying into "JL sucks." JL makes decent-really good products, though they are not some holy-grail-brand as you make them out to be. They just have their marketing act together and can sell their stuff for premium prices. I have a couple JL amps myself, unfortunately one of them has turned itself into a really expensive paper weight. I am currently running two of those cheap taiwan PPI thumping hiss machines you talk about. Guess what! No hiss or thump, imagine that!

I never said JL was the holy grail of audio or anything like that. In a earlier post M5 had bad mouthed my system saying and I quote JL is Junk then in this post he says NVX is nice. So I'm just pointing out that to me this proves he has some brand hate weather it be JL, kicker, hifonics, hertz, or whatever. Not trying to start a argument just pointing out M5's flawed argument.

And I also have several brands in two cars. My show car has a all JL, alpine SQ system and my daily work car has 2 sundown team 12's and a crescendo  BC 3500 for when I want to really feel that hard blur your vision bass. Although the sundowns are way louder they don't sound near as good as the w7's. This is not guess work this is first hand experience with both. Md mdmmm

6 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

And I also have several brands in two cars. My show car has a all JL, alpine SQ system and my daily work car has 2 sundown team 12's and a crescendo  BC 3500 for when I want to really feel that hard blur your vision bass. Although the sundowns are way louder they don't sound near as good as the w7's. This is not guess work this is first hand experience with both. Md mdmmm

Put up some build logs instead of telling everyone what's in your two cars, add more to this forum besides the bickering.

Glad SSA is expanding more and more.

Put up some build logs instead of telling everyone what's in your two cars, add more to this forum besides the bickering.

Glad SSA is expanding more and more.

How do you post up picks. I tried and all it would let me do is put up one pick of my car and say I could only upload 3.4 gigs or some shit like that.

And you guys told me to have thick skin and then get butt hurt when I call M5 out on his bs. Are we not all grown men here can we not discuss audio and whatever without getting up in arms. Honestly I may sound like a prick in text but I'm not i actually have a big smile on my face and don't mean a thing by any of this. I'm just one of those people who will call you a goat humper just for fun you know shits and giggles. Like I said before I think something gets lost in the text.

Edited by Billy Jack

16 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

And you guys told me to have thick skin and then get butt hurt when I call M5 out on his bs. Are we not all grown men here can we not discuss audio and whatever without getting up in arms. Honestly I may sound like a prick in text but I'm not i actually have a big smile on my face and don't mean a thing by any of this. I'm just one of those people who will call you a goat humper just for fun you know shits and giggles. Like I said before I think something gets lost in the text.

Big difference in harmless name jabbing vs coming into a simple welcome to the forum thread to mess it up for a pointless argument about another brand. No

16 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Big difference in harmless name jabbing vs coming into a simple welcome to the forum thread to mess it up for a pointless argument about another brand. No

10 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

First off I don't have a JL boner I just know they make a decent product but are a little pricey no doudt. And in your blind test I will be able to tell the difference cause the NVX will be the one going thump when turned on then after the music is playing you will hear that cheap Taiwan hiss all these PPI, Polk, and who ever else slapped there name on that 20 year old design makes. And I can see right through your prejudice now it would be like me saying someone's sundown system sucks and is for noobs then praising dual equipment from Walmart. 

Wrong again.  Wow.  

Zero turn on thump and no thermal noise.  As low of a noise floor as my slash amps actually.  And yes, I had to find out.  Stupid source I originally had with my boat had a whopping .3V max output.  Required the gains be maxed.  Again super quiet.

It also isn't a 20 year old design.  Actually quite a bit newer than most amps.  Was designed as an open source amp around 8-9 years ago by a rather intelligent gent who wanted to sell his board to lots of people and not just one.  

8 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

I never said JL was the holy grail of audio or anything like that. In a earlier post M5 had bad mouthed my system saying and I quote JL is Junk then in this post he says NVX is nice. So I'm just pointing out that to me this proves he has some brand hate weather it be JL, kicker, hifonics, hertz, or whatever. Not trying to start a argument just pointing out M5's flawed argument.

You stink at reading comprehension.  I NEVER said JL is junk.  Lots of their stuff is great all of it overpriced. Their 6x9's and 3.5's are junk though and yes I'll say that again.  Stop trying to read into things what you want and instead try to read to learn for once.  It will really help you out in life.

5 hours ago, ///M5 said:

You stink at reading comprehension.  I NEVER said JL is junk.  Lots of their stuff is great all of it overpriced. Their 6x9's and 3.5's are junk though and yes I'll say that again.  Stop trying to read into things what you want and instead try to read to learn for once.  It will really help you out in life.

You really do like to have your cake and eat to don't you. In the same paragraph you said you didn't say they where junk then turn right around and admit you said they where junk. Your caught just admit it. Lol 

:popcorn:

You really do like to have your cake and eat to don't you. In the same paragraph you said you didn't say they where junk then turn right around and admit you said they where junk. Your caught just admit it. Lol 

Go troll somewhere else please, why must you keep cluttering a thread that doesnt have crap to do with JL with nonsense about JL. Saying a couple products are crap does not mean all of JL is bad.  Second of all it's his opinion so why do you care so much. If you want to continue this convo with M5 then pm him or start your own thread.

Im surprised the mods letting you deter every thread you enter. I know this forum needs more activity but not this kind.

Go troll somewhere else please, why must you keep cluttering a thread that doesnt have crap to do with JL with nonsense about JL. Saying a couple products are crap does not mean all of JL is bad.  Second of all it's his opinion so why do you care so much. If you want to continue this convo with M5 then pm him or start your own thread.

Im surprised the mods letting you deter every thread you enter. I know this forum needs more activity but not this kind.

3 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

Dude I'm not trolling at all I even said NVX would be ok for a beginner. I just couldn't figure out why m5 would say a top shelf product is junk and a mid shelf product is nice. Seems to me price is more a factor to him then the actual product. 

No, you just can't read.  The 3.5" and 6x9" JL's are not "top shelf". Far from it.  I said NOTHING about the rest of the line although there are plenty of other mediocre things they sell.

Also unlike JL in general, NVX is awesome bang for the buck.  JL fails miserably there...

And just like I didn't say all JL was junk, I didn't now just say all NVX is great either.  With each and every manufacturer there are sweets spots.  In the micro amp domain though the NVX's are sweet.  

If you want to further discuss this make a thread.  Your boner trolling is sickening.

Hate to stir the pot...

I have two NVX JAD800.4, they both have turn-on and off noise. UGH.... 

I have not contacted NVX yet but I'm thinking that there will not be much that can be done.

Yea I would forsure like to see your spl and sq builds

15 hours ago, edouble101 said:

Hate to stir the pot...

I have two NVX JAD800.4, they both have turn-on and off noise. UGH.... 

I have not contacted NVX yet but I'm thinking that there will not be much that can be done.

Give Nathan @ NVX  a shout, he may be able to help.