j-roadtatts

Can I get help checking brace work?

The opinion of others may vary but it looks like a beautifully constructed enclosure to me. That bracing should not be any issue at all with this being a sealed enclosure. I have seen comments where that style of bracing can affect output in a ported enclosure, which if true could possibly be an issue if one was intending to use it for SPL competition, but I can't imagine how it would be any issue ever in a sealed enclosure. 

Thanks for the reply Alton. I failed to mention my goal is SQ, very accurate and crispy. 

Beautiful work, you should not have any issues aside from it sounding solid. :)

Gracias señor nem.  Looks like it's time to glue and screw. 

Nice work J !!!                                       Long time no chat. 

Thanks for the kind words Randy. Life got crazy busy there for a minute. It feels good to be back.

Nice enclosure man, maybe that's why my sealed enclosure sucked because i didnt add any bracing.

Glad to see you back on!  

Gorgeous work.  Only thing I might add (which isn't nearly as relevant on a sub) would be to space them unevenly.  General goal is to have no symmetry, but that is overkill.  I of course tend to like overkill.

25 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Glad to see you back on!  

Gorgeous work.  Only thing I might add (which isn't nearly as relevant on a sub) would be to space them unevenly.  General goal is to have no symmetry, but that is overkill.  I of course tend to like overkill.

I gathered the no symmetry, the second time around reading the cookbook.  After cutting the braces. Doh.  Will adding a few randomly placed triangle braces be a good bandaid at this point.  Anything worth doing is worth doing right my opinion. 

Yeah, I think I will scratch any extra bracing.  I can there would be minimal at best gained and lots of volume lost. Thanks again everyone!

4 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Thanks for the kind words Randy. Life got crazy busy there for a minute. It feels good to be back.

Been gone a while myself. Job changes, vehicle changes, so on and so forth. You know how it is.

All my audio equipment is in boxes under my bed at the moment waiting to go into my 94 Chevy I just acquired recently. Hope to get started soon. Nothing special, just a good clean sounding setup.

Again, nice enclosure brother. Can't wait to see it finished!!!

Beautiful work brother!!! Keep up the good work!!!

J

Jared!  S'up?!