So I'm trying to make a center console and I'm going to put some 6.5 evils in both sides of it. Seeing is the mids are facing back to back should I put a divider between them? Is it going to call his cancellation if I don't? If I do or don't should I be putting polyfill inside this also?

Assuming you plan to use these for midrange / midbass, why would you put them In the center console ??

Because I'm already making the center console so hold my batteries. And I don't know how to fiberglass doors. Do you think there's something wrong with putting them in the center console?

The goal is to make the distance between:

left ear & left mid

right ear & right mid

as little as possible.  Putting the drivers in the center console does the opposite.  It will absolutely destroy any chance of staging.

4 hours ago, Jason Brittain said:

Because I'm already making the center console so hold my batteries. And I don't know how to fiberglass doors. Do you think there's something wrong with putting them in the center console?

Can you not mount them in the doors. You can mount mids without fiberglass. May not sound as good but you can get a baffle and a wooden spacer and mount them even if there the wrong size. I am currently putting 61/2's and tweets in a factory 6x9 location.

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

Can you not mount them in the doors. You can mount mids without fiberglass. May not sound as good but you can get a baffle and a wooden spacer and mount them even if there the wrong size. I am currently putting 61/2's and tweets in a factory 6x9 location.

Without knowing application, it's very difficult to make suggestions at this point. Maybe the op can tell us what he has to work with after reading this post.

it's a 2003 chevy avalanche. i have a set of hertz 165xl's in the doors already. so the mids i'm looking to add will be an addition to the hertz. not sure on how they'll mix with the hertz tho. i do have another set of hertz xl mids only that i was originally going to add. eventually i'll be getting more tweets also.

40 minutes ago, Jason Brittain said:

it's a 2003 chevy avalanche. i have a set of hertz 165xl's in the doors already. so the mids i'm looking to add will be an addition to the hertz. not sure on how they'll mix with the hertz tho. i do have another set of hertz xl mids only that i was originally going to add. eventually i'll be getting more tweets also.

That's just gonna screw up the soundstage and over all sound. 

Just make some pods for your doors and add the second pair of Hertz mids. Pointless to have center console speakers, youtube and forums have people thinking its cool. Just because your building a center console doesnt mean speakers have to go in it.

On 7/20/2016 at 2:46 PM, Jason Brittain said:

just have me glass your doors:neil:

On 7/21/2016 at 7:33 AM, jcarter1885 said:

Just make some pods for your doors and add the second pair of Hertz mids. Pointless to have center console speakers, youtube and forums have people thinking its cool. Just because your building a center console doesnt mean speakers have to go in it.

this