rangersplash23

just seen that soundsplinter is no more

So i went to power up my sub i bought over 6 years ago and i see its not working. Jump on to email to send it in and i see on the site its outnof business. Sucks big time. I take it this cant be rebuilt by anyone. Any advice would help. Thanks.

PSI can rebuild it. ****.

Can you send info to michaelbeck2986@gmail.com ? Id rather not buy another sub if it can be fixed. I was actually wanting another rl-i10. Thank guys!

PSI can rebuild it but it will not have the same T/S parameters as before. It will be a different woofer.

Technically, SoundSplinter is still alive, just on extended hiatus.  I don't think there are plans in the near future.

Yeah I know it won't be fully the same. As long as it hits as hard as it did lol. Waiting on a reply from them.

On 7/29/2016 at 11:01 PM, rangersplash23 said:

Yeah I know it won't be fully the same. As long as it hits as hard as it did lol. Waiting on a reply from them.

Good luck, we won't know what the specs will be.  :(

On July 29, 2016 at 11:01 PM, rangersplash23 said:

Have them turn it into a level 5 hybrid it will be thunderous then. 

Personally if they don't provide T/S parameters I wouldn't be interested in a rebuild.  Even then I am wary since you won't know what you will get until after it is built.  Luckily it is just bass which is rather easy to make sound good, but the savings of a recone versus a new woofer isn't all that when you can no longer get an OE recone.

47 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Personally if they don't provide T/S parameters I wouldn't be interested in a rebuild.  Even then I am wary since you won't know what you will get until after it is built.  Luckily it is just bass which is rather easy to make sound good, but the savings of a recone versus a new woofer isn't all that when you can no longer get an OE recone.

Agreed.

I mean 75 forma cone or 250 for a lower end competition sub. My rl-i10 was 215 plus shipping which was 243 total. Trying to keep the cost down. Just got divorced and dropped 21k in her hand, 5200 on the roof of my house, 1600 for my truck but i running a mtx 6000 i bought in 2000 that jve glued back together hahaha.

14 minutes ago, rangersplash23 said:

I mean 75 forma cone or 250 for a lower end competition sub. My rl-i10 was 215 plus shipping which was 243 total. Trying to keep the cost down. Just got divorced and dropped 21k in her hand, 5200 on the roof of my house, 1600 for my truck but i running a mtx 6000 i bought in 2000 that jve glued back together hahaha.

Perhaps $75 for a recone or $194 for a sub that is a step up from the Rli.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/gcon-10-sound-solutions-audio-10-750w-gcon-series-subwoofer.html

Just say you add a $75 recone to your Rli.  Street value is < $75 for it since you don't know the T/S and have a frankenwoofer.  There is a reason why...

I'd seriously just chalk it up to a loss and call it a day.  That or spend $100 on a woofer tester or find someone who will test it for you.  Either way, don't expect it to keep up with tons of other woofers in the sub $250 category.  No way, no how it will be the same as it was.

The Gcon is seriously bang for the buck one helluva a buy.  Tons of other subs in other categories, but for $200 yikes.

Well fix my speaker is out. They cannot work with a subwoofer that has a 2.4id voice coil. Looks like I'll be in the market for a new sub. Looking into sundown, re, or dd. Want to be under 300. Not looking to kill the streets but I want quality. Killing the sub was my own doing. I ran 1152rms@2ohms thru it and it was only rated at 500rms. Kept it turn down but I did ramp it up a few times. I'm only looking to run 600rms. I like the sound of the single 10 but maybe I'll go to a single 12 now. Sucks cuz in just built a new box for the 10 lol

You could get a soundqubed HD310 for around that kind of money and those subs hammer but you would need more then 600watts to realize their true potential. But didn't you say you where making 1152@2ohm?  That would make it hum. And I hate to agree with M5 but the SSA subs are really good to to me they have a more sq sound then the soundqubed.

6 hours ago, rangersplash23 said:

Well fix my speaker is out. They cannot work with a subwoofer that has a 2.4id voice coil. Looks like I'll be in the market for a new sub. Looking into sundown, re, or dd. Want to be under 300. Not looking to kill the streets but I want quality. Killing the sub was my own doing. I ran 1152rms@2ohms thru it and it was only rated at 500rms. Kept it turn down but I did ramp it up a few times. I'm only looking to run 600rms. I like the sound of the single 10 but maybe I'll go to a single 12 now. Sucks cuz in just built a new box for the 10 lol

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/gcon-12-sound-solutions-audio-12-750w-gcon-series-subwoofer.html

and save almost $100 on your budget

The Gcon is an excellent idea (I'm biased).  There are only a few left in stock at this time though.

9 hours ago, rangersplash23 said:

Well fix my speaker is out. They cannot work with a subwoofer that has a 2.4id voice coil. Looks like I'll be in the market for a new sub. Looking into sundown, re, or dd. Want to be under 300. Not looking to kill the streets but I want quality. 

Based on the last sentence there I would 86 all three brands you referenced.  Re has gone the way of the dog house, DD focuses on single note customers, and Sundown at that price level isn't a great deal.

Not that the SSA is your only choice, but in your budget it will be really hard to beat.  Definitely a substantial improvement on your old Rli.

Yes my kicker amp was bench tested at 1152rms at 2ohm. I'm wondering if I can just replace the tinsel leads which I think that's the issue as I see burns around them. Could I jump them to see if the sub still powers up? I've go a kid now so I want thump but nothing that will kill him lol. I think the 600 to 750 watt range is fine.