haha found some T/S for the jackhammer

well the SPL @ 1watt/1meter spec doesnt really mean squat IMO, but I see your point

Im still sure its efficency once you get current moving through it is moot.

When Pimp My Ride threw one in that beater car they where saying it was doing 130dB but the meter only said 100...either way my ava with 1/8 the power whoops the chit out of that.

MTX has a huge penis, it just stays limp a lot.

imo, for the people that pay that much money, it's all about the bling factor, not the sound.

mj-18 > jackhammer ? :rofl2:

Im still sure its efficency once you get current moving through it is moot.

When Pimp My Ride threw one in that beater car they where saying it was doing 130dB but the meter only said 100...either way my ava with 1/8 the power whoops the chit out of that.

MTX has a huge penis, it just stays limp a lot.

I wish someone would put one (with adequate power and enclosure volume) on the TermLab. I mean it wouldnt hurt to know what one would hit. :ughdunno:

I guess my question about these 'ubber' drivers is whether people actually BUY them, or is it just for marketing...

1.5kg mass on the cone? What's it made of, granite?

Mark

Hey that's not fair I just bought one.

Haha, you know its bad when two different company heads know they have a better product that cost exponentially less.

And sean if you bought the new truck to hold the jackhammer, I think I would disown you.

Kyle, thanks for the good morning laugh.

sarcasm expounding in my previous post.

the jh is just one big waste of space and money. I wonder how many they have sold.

sarcasm expounding in my previous post.

the jh is just one big waste of space and money.  I wonder how many they have sold.

:joshers3:

scott , my employer, has actually thought about putting one in his escalade..you know, rolling 26's, beating on a 22....

anyway, we talked him into a pair of 18 solo x's instead...i mean he's already running one and is definitely one of, if not the loudest, street beater in the area (18" x in 5.7cubes tuned to 36hz and 72" of port and a memphis 4000d pushing it)...

but i came that close to being able to give a real world review...lol.....

quick thought....

even if one paid full retail, they could have three 18" x's , still weigh less, have $3200 for power, wire, enclosure and kick the living shiot outa just about any vehicle or system on the planet...lol....for the price of just the JH....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Ya know what, some person actually did use a Jackhammer for competition. I read about it somewhere, dont remember though, but he built a huge enclosure for it, got tons of power for it, and let's just say everyone laughed at him when he did a run. I don't know any scores though, I wish I did.

Ya know what, some person actually did use a Jackhammer for competition.  I read about it somewhere, dont remember though, but he built a huge enclosure for it, got tons of power for it, and let's just say everyone laughed at him when he did a run.  I don't know any scores though, I wish I did.

yeah, i think i saw some post about it on TermPro

never heard what it hit or anything though

well the SPL @ 1watt/1meter spec doesnt really mean squat IMO, but I see your point

Shure it does, if your sub was only 70dB effecient then it would need gobs of power to get loud.

What are the complete t/s I'm curious... A BL of 20 with 1.5kg of mms or cone mass? That is bad both ways... WTF? :puzzled: What Re is that BL of 20 measured at?

I wonder how many idiots bought that sub... As for the weight I bet there

There are enough over-motored drivers on the market, why not an under-motored one.

I will keep my personal feelings on the jackhammer personal.

T9922-44

Fs = 16.76 Hz

Qms = 5.19

Vas = 239.1 liters

Cms = 0.063 mm/N

Mms = 1428 g

Rms = 29.04 kg/s

Xmax = 2.5 in

Xmech = 3 in

P-Dia = 17.95 in

Sd = 1642 sq.cm

P-Vd = 0.366 cu.ft

Qes = 0.6

Re = 1.66 ohms

BL = 20.39 Tm

Qts = 0.538

no = 0.181 %

2.83V SPL = 91.55 dB

Model T9922-44 T9922-22

Description 22

Shure it does, if your sub was only 70dB effecient then it would need gobs of power to get loud.

I cant think of any that are that inefficient. lol

But most are in the mid 80s to mid 90s SPL @1w/1m realm. So really dont believe the spec is that important.

Mid 90's, not to many car audio woofers are up there. Lots of pro audio though.

Id have to say that most of the weight is from the basket.

If you look at pictures of it its pretty overbuilt.

Everything is 2x normal size when it really doesnt need to be

Fs = 16.76 Hz

how low :rofl2:

i bet it struggles to output around 45hz

totally over engineered,

My ava has a Fs of 16Hz... but it doesnt have a 1.5kg moveing mass.

Not many car or home drivers have a real world sensetivity much higher than 90ish that ive seen. You have to be careful and watch how they write it. SPL 2.83v on a 4ohm driver at 0.5m is 6dB overrated. :)

PA drivers are another story.

85dB 1w/1m is dipping down rather low, and with a mms like that and suber low BL, it dont think it will really get any more efficent with higher power levels. :)

data suggests its a turd..

real world testing suggests its a turd..

efficiency data can be misleading.. I'd much rather look at power compression, flux modulation, etc as that shows what happens when real power is applied..

motion to name the jackhammer as a turd...

Loyd L.