Billy Jack

Korean vs Brazilian vs Chinese

What are the pro's and cons of Korean built amps compared to Brazilian and Chinese. And for daily spl builds which is better. 

There is no better. Every install is different. Plain and simple. Now for high voltage, Brazillian will be better as I dont think the other companies make them.

Half the time it's not the buildhouse but the companies who will choose between higher quality parts vs lower quality parts to put in their amps to control cost.

Definitely no relation to the location, but to the ones who specify the amps.  Tons of great amps made everywhere and tons of crap.

Well more what I was thinking is how do the Brazilian amps like Stetson and taramps put out so many watts for the price compared to say ampere or sundown. Are the Brazilian amps any good for daily setups on music or are they just more geared toward competition burps? I myself have always ran the zenon Korean amps or some of the better Chinese amps but I keep hearing the younger crowd go on and on about these taramps and how powerful they are for the money. And then I have heard others say there junk that burn up super easy. So what's the truth to these rumors. 

The truth to the rumors are, they are subjective opinion.  Take them with a grain of salt as they are someone else's opinion, not the gospel.  The fact is there is no magic components that make one amp better than another,  or one magical source where the best are made.  The quality and performance of an amp, are a product of using higher end components in the internal of the amp.  To answer your next question, yes they send high end components to all build houses.  No it does not matter where the components are built,  as long as they used adequate material and are built to specs. 

It is the customer that chooses the inside components of the amp, not the build house. A hypothetical example would be  sundown having to switch to a build house in Brazil (hypothetically all the Korean factories are shut down lol). Sundown would send them the same blueprint the othe factory used, and the amp would perform the same. Why you may ask.  Because it is the level of components used to build the amp, not a magical location. 

So reality is whichever amp has the better components and design, will perform better. Period.

4 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

The Brazilian amps use a different tech where the voltage is jumped way up, meaning the current goes down.  Brazilian amps (on average) are more efficient this way and they need much less heat sink and internal parts (capacitance) making them much cheaper to build and smaller in size.  On the other side of things, they are very sensitive to voltage fluctuation, tend to be noisy, usually run fans, and seem to have a little lower reliability record as they are usually not at all abuse tolerant. 

Korean/Chinese amps tend to be over built, very durable, usually don't need to run fans, more abuse tolerant, and are not very voltage sensitive.  As on the other side of things, they are less efficient by the design, much more expensive due to far more heat sink and caps needed, and much larger in foot print.

In the mass market here in the USA, customers are getting younger on average as the watts per dollar gets less.  So that means there are more people who are much less experiences who are now able to buy larger/more powerful amplifiers.  That lack of experience (and probably electrical system back bone to support said big power amps), leads to much more abuse on the amplifiers and voltage fluctuation.  Adding up to a market that is best served by Korean/Chinese style amplifiers, which kind of points the Brazilian style amplifiers to the more experienced people who have stronger electrical systems.

Shout out to Mike Dioguardo for the refresher on Brazilian amps.

Thank you Arron you answered all my questions, and what you said is exactly what I have read, and seen with everything but the Brazilian amps. I have never used them myself but have read exactly what you explained. Why can't the rest of these guys be as helpful and polite as you? They seem to dance around the questions and never really answer anything for anybody. 

Everybody hear answered your questions and we all do as long as they are able to be answered. You just cant stop with the pettiness, even when a thread is on the right track you always find a way to derail it with nonsense. Why keep asking questions if nobody anwers them?

1 hour ago, jcarter1885 said:

Everybody hear answered your questions and we all do as long as they are able to be answered. You just cant stop with the pettiness, even when a thread is on the right track you always find a way to derail it with nonsense. Why keep asking questions if nobody anwers them?

Arron answered no problem. He didn't just speak in generalities. "Well it's all install" no it's apparently not if the Korean and Chinese amps are known to take more abuse, and the brazilians are known to be delicate with voltage and vibration. And I apologize if I come off like a dick it just really seems like a few people around here "not you per say" can't just answer a simple question as Arron so clearly and easily did they just gotta talk non sense that doesn't even remotely have a thing to do with answering a simple question. If anyone doesn't want to talk or answer why even  try and steer the conversation else where? Sorry but if I smell BS I can't just turn my head and pretend I'm smelling roses I ain't built that way I just call them like I see them.

Or you can't read...which we already know.

You asked:

On 8/16/2016 at 6:29 PM, Billy Jack said:

What are the pro's and cons of Korean built amps compared to Brazilian and Chinese. And for daily spl builds which is better. 

Pro's and con's of countries of manufacture?  ROFL.  The second question (err, statement since punctuation > you) is also irrelevant.  The Pro's and Con's are 100% manufacturer relative and NOT country.  Of course that makes the second "question" you ask even more laughable.

Obviously your only goal is to stir the pot.  Try shutting off the blinders once and trying to learn, it will greatly improve your life.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Or you can't read...which we already know.

You asked:

Pro's and con's of countries of manufacture?  ROFL.  The second question (err, statement since punctuation > you) is also irrelevant.  The Pro's and Con's are 100% manufacturer relative and NOT country.  Of course that makes the second "question" you ask even more laughable.

Obviously your only goal is to stir the pot.  Try shutting off the blinders once and trying to learn, it will greatly improve your life.

And here is what I'm talking about^. Arron knew exactly what I was asking and answered it no problem and you as always spewed your BS fancy Yankee talk that's basically just jibberish that means nothing to know one and sertenly doesn't come close to answering a simple question. I get I may have been a little vague in my first question but the second was plain as day a blind man could see what I was asking and as usual you comment nothing but BS. Steve Meade was exactly right about you. 

Ow and I just looked at some picks in your profile and your running 2 big JL slash 450/4's so that right there shows me you talk out your ^ss. You gave me a hard time for owning and liking JL even thought I also own sundown and crescendo while you yourself are running them. How hypacritycle is that?  

12 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Ow and I just looked at some picks in your profile and your running 2 big JL slash 450/4's so that right there shows me you talk out your ^ss. You gave me a hard time for owning and liking JL even thought I also own sundown and crescendo while you yourself are running them. How hypacritycle is that?  

Again you cannot read.  I didn't give you a hard time about owning JL, but paying for them and implying they are the second coming of god.

All along I told you I've owned a bunch of JL.  None of it have I bought new though.  I replaced those amps with something you all a POS and you can't tell other than I have a shit ton more space now.

The sad thing is everyone else answered your question.  Aaron gave you some detail that was way beyond your question, but of course we all know that was your whole intent with making the thread.  Your only interest is to stir the pot.  You have no desire to learn.  You've proved that over and over again.

I don't need to learn a thing from you!

Edited by Billy Jack

:NeedPics:

Edited by Billy Jack

Wow! That got out of hand fast!

1 hour ago, j-roadtatts said:

I learn something new everyday. Thanks for the topic Billy, and thanks for the knowledge Aaron. :)

You are welcome my friend and Arron explained that perfectly. Now I know what's fact and what's just people's opinions. I always wondered about those Brazilian amps.

Holy crap! Half of this thread was very informative. As for the other, I'm not sure why there's a need to argue. Sean does rub people the wrong way at times but he does make you think about stuff in a different way. He grows on you if you actually take his responses and do a little unbiased research. A lot of the times he is correct. Fighting with words through a keypad gains nothing.

45 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

The initial question was very generalized and got great generalized answers imo. Was like who makes better cars, Japan, Germany or the US? 

What is the difference between high voltage brand Y design and normal voltage brand X and Z, Is more akin to whats the diff between a Porsche spider, Nissan Titan and Ford F-150. 

Depending on perspective all are great  answers, and contained good knowledge. Thus the fun of great debates!! If I just want to argue, I would go hang out with my wife. We are all here to learn, and help others learn. More imopantly is we are grow men and enjoy being such here on SSA. 

I personally show great respect to the people on this site and the SSA site regardless whether I agree with others perspectives and opinions. Is the least I can do to contribute, and show graditude for things I have learned audio and non audio related here on SSA.  Everyone here has great knowledge in something and has knowledge to contribute.

If there is a misunderstanding I can humbly move on. if someone corrects me(which happens a lot) I am grateful and am humble enough to show gratitude. Let's keep things cool! Please and thank you my friends. :)

Your right everyone here is very helpful except one person, and I refuse to be nice while someone talks down to me, and makes little snide remarks. I have no problem with someone correcting me, or having their own opinion, but it's the insults, and condescending talk I can't tolerate. I'm a very easy going person and polite until you piss me off. 

On Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 1:45 AM, hdrox88 said:

Wow! That got out of hand fast!

His threads always do,one reason I dont apply any input here anymore

We like to call it constructive criticism around here