Billy Jack

Korean vs Brazilian vs Chinese

23 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Ok, I am not sure where this topic got so far off track or why.  But please keep in mind that I was roughly explaining on the very basics of general design methodology of most amplifiers from those respective countries as that is what I was figuring was the over riding question.  There is no one best type of country of origin for a specific need.  As the market has really shifted away from just pure SPL burps to more sustained high output on music (read: I only demo bro).  I have seen a number of competitors or demo trucks stick with or move back to Korean style amplifiers due to the voltage drops from these long demos, and due to the extreme heat levels with cooling aided by the much larger heat sinks.  More research and info is needed past my post, before making an amplifier selection for a certain install need.

Two little side notes: 1. My name has two A's  ;) 2. Don't ever take anything Meade says seriously, I'll leave it at that. 

Sean, though he may come across a little harsh to some, is an engineer with a physics background and is always dealing with highly advanced testing equipment.  So even if you don't like how he answers your question, he is a valuable resource when it comes to the knowledge base here.  Which is saying a lot as SSA and DIYma are the two remaining active forums that are really worth it when it comes to correct and well backed up information in terms of high end audio.

Thanks Aaron and yea sorry I hit the r twice in your name I'm typing this on a tiny iPhone 6 keyboard and I got big arthritic fingers so I miss the tiny buttons some time. And yes M5 does rub me the wrong way but like I said before maybe it's just how it sounds in text. Like key and peal did a monologue of this very thing one guy texts another a friendly message but the way it's worded its perceived as a threat and by the time the friendly guy shows up the other thinks he wants to fight. Maybe that's what's going on. 

3 hours ago, garychurch84 said:

His threads always do,one reason I dont apply any input here anymore

I get along good with everyone here except M5 he just rubs me the wrong way and I'm not one to hold my tongue. Maybe I'm wrong and something is getting lost in translation but I don't think so. 

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have a "Made in the USA" built amplifier any day of the week. 

Just Saying 

9 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have a "Made in the USA" built amplifier any day of the week. 

Just Saying 

Hell ya! Hint hint Aaron!

11 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

Just Saying 

That would be great, but made in the USA amps are nearly extinct.

11 hours ago, Jay-C76 said:

I would absolutely want to, but the options left are cost prohibitive at the moment. :(

11 hours ago, Jay-C76 said:

I am with you guys on the USA, I have been on the hunt for 2 matching power 650's from the early 90's.

3 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

I would absolutely want to, but the options left are cost prohibitive at the moment. :(

We could start just like RF did, I have the room now.

18 minutes ago, nem said:

We could start just like RF did, I have the room now.

That would be cool, if I had the knowledge and time. ;)

What amps are left that are still made in the USA? Are the American Bass made in the US or are the zenon boards?

6 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

What amps are left that are still made in the USA? Are the American Bass made in the US or are the zenon boards?

Make a new thread, no need to clutter this one anymore. Thanks

I was just joking above, haha. No American Bass is not made in the USA, honestly no amp is made in the USA. The only one that might be is the D'Amore Engineering amp, it has a hefty price tag on it.

1 hour ago, jcarter1885 said:

I was just joking above, haha. No American Bass is not made in the USA, honestly no amp is made in the USA. The only one that might be is the D'Amore Engineering amp, it has a hefty price tag on it.

I didn't know D'Amore even made amps I know they make amp dyno's and DD1's and all that stuff. I actually learned something on SSA thank you! Ow and it's kind of sad that American bass isn't made in the USA. But what is any more. The Chevy heart beat of America is mostly built in Mexico now. I actually own the number one car for having the most American parts and being built in the US Dodge Avenger R/T.

Edited by Billy Jack

D'Amore's aren't made here either.  Nor are they worth buying.

I run Linear Power. Built in the USA. Yep, they a bit pricey too. Is what it is brother.

There are several brands that use USA Engineering for amplifier manufacturing.

MMats is one.. i could name more but it's not where it comes from, it's how good it is in your application.

Just now, Randal Johnson said:

I run Linear Power. Built in the USA. Yep, they a bit pricey too. Is what it is brother.

You mean assembled in the USA don't you?  

Just now, ///M5 said:

You mean assembled in the USA don't you?  

Yep. Def. assembled in OK and MS.