Florida_Audio

How to tell if my subwoofer is clipping and/or going to overheat?

Yep, never at 4v.  Shouldn't be.  No advantage to a 4v unit either unless of course you have noisy amps.

2 hours ago, altoncustomtech said:

No, the voltage isn't constant. It goes up and down with the volume and the audio signal that's being played. The 2v, 4v or whatever rated signal is the maximum rated output of the circuit. 

He knows that, was asking Billy Jack the know it all did he know the answer.

I dont understand how this dude still thinks he is right after multiple people in every thread correct him, shit is actually hilarious. Troll on Billy, troll on

Yeah , I definitely missed who said it.  I thought it was the op when I replied. 

As for the other stuff, I've seen a few others over the years try to prove him wrong. Some finally open their minds and understand, some just ignore him, and others get mad and leave. I'm just sitting on the sideline waiting to see which way it happens in this instance. 

Perhaps you could excessively boost the sub with the EQ to an audible clipping level for a short burst, to get a true test of the sound you are looking for. Shift through from 30hz to 80hz, with the boost. You might even find you are only lacking output at a certain frequency, not that the sub is lacking output overall.