DSO Nanov3 Oscilliscope

Has anyone used this unit.. or something similiar

was talking to aaron and have decided to get this but am trying to get some help on how to use it and such..

ive googled and what not and I see the hook this up to that.

but haven't seen any ok set the unit to this  then that now do this.

did you watch any youtube videos

i just checked and it seems theres quite alot of videos using that specific unit. not sure how helpful most videos are, but might want to check them out?

for example

and this video around 6:45 into the video he starts to explain the settings

Edited by Florida_Audio

There is basically no need for an oscilloscope in conventional car audio setups.  Very curious what you plan to use it for as that will determine if it is a good choice.

Then don't bother wasting money on the scope.

I've got a Lecroix Wavepro I really like, but is overkill for even most of the things I use it for.

21 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Then don't bother wasting money on the scope.

Definetly don't need a scope if your like M5 and just buy a NVX and turn the gains and bass boost to 100% and say yep distortion sounds good and can't blow subs anyways cause my amp doesn't have enough power to push cheap tweeters much less a actual big boy sub.

41 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Instead of thread dumping, why not explain how it will help.....or can't you?

I would talk there Mr clipping can't kill subs. You have no problem talking to others like dirt but get testy when your treated the same way. The word Hypocrite comes to mind. You was no where in the other thread until you came in all high and mighty to correct me and put words in my mouth and insinuate I meant things I didn't so I decided to repay the favor. 

Edited by Billy Jack

First off neither of you are helping my post at all. 

Secondly M5 stated not to waist money on a scope if I'm using one for clipping 

so i immediately lost all interest in what he had to say. Which was then added to when he stated he has a $5000 oscope. 

So back on point please 

thanks 

14 minutes ago, VOLTAGExDT said:

First off neither of you are helping my post at all. 

Secondly M5 stated not to waist money on a scope if I'm using one for clipping 

so i immediately lost all interest in what he had to say. Which was then added to when he stated he has a $5000 oscope. 

So back on point please 

thanks 

Yea sorry man M5 just took a dump in one of my threads so I couldn't resist the payback but I do appolagize to you. But honestly unless your running thousands and thousands of dollars worth of equipment it's kind of overkill. But on the other hand if you are a serious audiophile with a $10k+ system then it can be a useful tool. 

Even if you are burping tones...

Seeing a sine wave isn't helpful, measuring distortion or clipping is.  Cheap oscilloscopes aren't capable of doing that.

There are plenty that are cheaper than the $30k Lecroix that probably can, but el cheapo's won't.  I have an unfair advantage of having a whole company full of exotic test & measurement equipment at my disposal...but I've never once used an o'scope for setting a gain and I never will.

This is exactly why I asked what you are going to use it for.  Something more specific than "clipping" might net you a different answer.  I want to help, but you need to help me help you.

And yes, Billy Jack is just constantly butt hurt by whatever I say since he regularly posts nonsensical responses and is always derailing threads without idiotic banter.  Sad really.  Poor guy is so emotionally unstable he spends 20 minutes every day going back searching for old forum posts just to mark mine with a negative rep.  

I suggested the Nano because he wanted buy a more expensive tool that just has a blinking light at only two tones.  So I suggested this lesser expensive O-scope as a cheaper alternative that will provide more info.

Yes, most of the time, I set gains by ear, but this is a cheaper option that a few installers have used and it is handy.

Ah, the blinking light tool is the biggest waste in car audio.  The person selling it the most shady bitch ever.  Only cares about his wallet.  An Oscope is one million times more useful, but it is still irrelevant for "clipping".  If this clipping is related to something in particular or a particular goal then that could be different.

Nothing that SMD manufacturers is worth buying.  Nothing.

I look at it like this..

id rather be safe than sorry.

yes I understand this song may not clip that song will  but im also not the guy to play a song set gains and be like oh its perfect.

but I figure this wont hurt only help.

For music it won't.  It will be better than the smd pos but it is pointless.  Songs can be recorded more than 10db apart which gain wise is a MONSTER change.  Stop reading on smd, it isn't teaching you anythingm

20 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

For music it won't.  It will be better than the smd pos but it is pointless.  Songs can be recorded more than 10db apart which gain wise is a MONSTER change.  Stop reading on smd, it isn't teaching you anything

im not reading anything about smd... thanks for the assumption..

and tbh  I wasn't really asking opinions on to get or not to get..

pretty sure the post thread was

Has anyone used this unit.. or something similar

Nobody has used it successful for measuring clipping on music on any stereo ever.

Yes I've used it,still have it.

Adjust the first two settings,depending on amp output my need the 10x probe if you already have it play around with the three.....you'll figure it out,what I had to do