Aaron Clinton

SSA Forum members special on Evil6.5's

Just now, altoncustomtech said:

All you have to do is follow the below example and post in this topic:

SSA Store account email addressaltoncustomtech@gmail.com

Number of Evil6.5's: 2

This is too good to pass up!!!!

$20 SSA Store credit applied to your account,:) Thank you!

I order 2 last month if that counts...lol

garychurch84@gmail.com

20 hours ago, garychurch84 said:

garychurch84@gmail.com

Applied sir!

SSA Store account email address: bjc17841@huskies.bloomu.edu

Aaron, what's the Diameter of the outer flange? 

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 1:07 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

Applied sir!

Awesome thanks Aaron

17 hours ago, lithium said:

SSA Store account email address: bjc17841@huskies.bloomu.edu

Aaron, what's the Diameter of the outer flange? 

Applied to your account.  Outer most diameter is almost dead on with 6.5"

slikrider20@gmail.com

Aaron, I am determined to get these to fit in my 02 GP. Do you know if these would pair with my Morel Tempo tweeters well? I planning on running it active with an 80PRS. If not, what tweeters are you guys using with these badboys? (car audio application, of course)

If anyone has installed a 6.5" speaker in a Grand Prix let me know. I'm having difficulty getting it to fit right while not hitting the window track or the outer door panel.  

Edited by slikrider20

20 minutes ago, slikrider20 said:

slikrider20@gmail.com

:welcome: and $20 applied.  Hope you stick around the forums. :)

12 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

:WELCOME: and $20 applied.  Hope you stick around the forums. :)

What are you guys using for tweeters with the evils? Arron do you think I could replace my infinity cappa mids with the evil and keep the tweeters and make it sound better, cause I like the infinity tweeters but the midrange really lacks for volume.

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

What are you guys using for tweeters with the evils? Arron do you think I could replace my infinity cappa mids with the evil and keep the tweeters and make it sound better, cause I like the infinity tweeters but the midrange really lacks for volume.

In testing I was using the Morel MDT 12's.  The Peerless by Tymphany NE19VTS-04 3/4", SEAS Neo Textiles, Scan-Speak D3400's and LPG's are good options.

I am working on SSA tweets at the moment. ;)

I'm waiting on a box, and alt, so maybe by the time I'm ready to put everything in the new mustang, you will have the tweets done. Any idea what a price on the tweets might be?:neil:

4 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

I'm waiting on a box, and alt, so maybe by the time I'm ready to put everything in the new mustang, you will have the tweets done. Any idea what a price on the tweets might be?:neil:

Too far out yet to know.  Making a few adjustments that will effect pricing.

1 hour ago, slikrider20 said:

slikrider20@gmail.com

Aaron, I am determined to get these to fit in my 02 GP. Do you know if these would pair with my Morel Tempo tweeters well? I planning on running it active with an 80PRS. If not, what tweeters are you guys using with these badboys? (car audio application, of course)

If anyone has installed a 6.5" speaker in a Grand Prix let me know. I'm having difficulty getting it to fit right while not hitting the window track or the outer door panel.  

They will mate with a ton of tweeters.  I would avoid ones from a component set as they are all lackluster.  Instead figure out the largest thing you can fit and a budget and we can help you pick some.  I know the SSA ones are coming if you wait, but there are literally tons of options if you can't.

I should have read ahead, of course Aaron answered on the upcoming tweeters.

48 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

The Kappa mids and tweeters are a joke.  The Evil mids will SMOKE them in every aspect.  As for tweeters, again same answer as before.  Things that are important:

-size

-dome preference/things you've liked in the past

-mounting location and aiming

-flexibility of your crossover

Knowing those things it is easy to have us help narrow down a tweeter choice.  There is currently a severe lack of small format tweeters with balls to dig deep.  You are either budget restricted with a Scan D2904 (love mine) or you have options that handcuff the response that are cheaper, Seas Neo etc.  If you can fit a larger format this opens up, or of course if you don't need the tweeter to dig that deep which depending on how you mount the Evils could be acceptable as well.

23 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I should have read ahead, of course Aaron answered on the upcoming tweeters.

The Kappa mids and tweeters are a joke.  The Evil mids will SMOKE them in every aspect.  As for tweeters, again same answer as before.  Things that are important:

-size

-dome preference/things you've liked in the past

-mounting location and aiming

-flexibility of your crossover

Knowing those things it is easy to have us help narrow down a tweeter choice.  There is currently a severe lack of small format tweeters with balls to dig deep.  You are either budget restricted with a Scan D2904 (love mine) or you have options that handcuff the response that are cheaper, Seas Neo etc.  If you can fit a larger format this opens up, or of course if you don't need the tweeter to dig that deep which depending on how you mount the Evils could be acceptable as well.

Yea I know the infinity's suck, but it's better then the stock speakers, and I got them free out of a used car I sold, so it was better then nothing. Out of my whole system the only thing I got any money in, is the subs and amp. But when I do the build in the new car, I'm gonna buy some mids and highs and use the rest. Just waiting on my box guy. That's why I asked when the tweets would be available.

4 hours ago, THX_Elite said:

That's awesome of you Aaron, I have been a part of the forum for some years now, and as you know have ordered two of these speakers, I have not logged in to my SSA account to see if the credit is there.  Either way, credit or not on my account, I think this is just further proof (as if any further proof was needed!) of the outstanding practices, standards and products of SSA AUDIO!!!

Wow, thank you for the great feedback!

NO! Thank You! :) 

SSA Store account email addressjacobleeroy@hotmail.com

Edited by THX_Elite
added a "thank you"

6 hours ago, THX_Elite said:

NO! Thank You! :) 

SSA Store account email addressjacobleeroy@hotmail.com

Applied, :thanx:

I'm looking to get 2 of these and have been trying to compare them with the SB17. Do you have any info on comparison between them, or a frequency response graph for the Evils? Thanks!

Email: jarod.fry526@gmail.com

Qty: 2

On 9/9/2016 at 2:26 PM, infinity526 said:

I'm looking to get 2 of these and have been trying to compare them with the SB17. Do you have any info on comparison between them, or a frequency response graph for the Evils? Thanks!

Email: jarod.fry526@gmail.com

Qty: 2

Welcome to the SSA family.  SSA Store credit applied to your account.  I do not have any direct comparison to an SB17.  Please see attached image noting the green and the specs on the right side.

SSA 6.5mid.png