Aaron Clinton

SSA Forum members special on Evil6.5's

On Friday, September 09, 2016 at 1:26 PM, infinity526 said:

I'm looking to get 2 of these and have been trying to compare them with the SB17. Do you have any info on comparison between them, or a frequency response graph for the Evils? Thanks!

Email: jarod.fry526@gmail.com

Qty: 2

We are in the same boat, I love my SB17s and would like to compare them as well to these Evil mids.

2 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

We are in the same boat, I love my SB17s and would like to compare them as well to these Evil mids.

I might just go with the SB17. I wouldn't really feel comfortable doing active tuning with just an impedance chart (which is mostly useless), and lacking both a frequency response chart and any proper reviews. 

7 hours ago, infinity526 said:

I might just go with the SB17. I wouldn't really feel comfortable doing active tuning with just an impedance chart (which is mostly useless), and lacking both a frequency response chart and any proper reviews. 

I have ran the SSA Evil 6.5s for awhile now. Ask any questions you would like. I have ran the SB17 in the past, actually still have the pair at home. While I have not ran a direct comparison on each speaker against each other, maybe I can answer any questions you may have to make your selection easier.

Could you run a direct comparison between the two, that would be helpful. 

I wish we could get a frequency graph just like most other raw driver companies offer, I would be more inclined to purchase it just my opinion.

49 minutes ago, jcarter1885 said:

Could you run a direct comparison between the two, that would be helpful. 

I wish we could get a frequency graph just like most other raw driver companies offer, I would be more inclined to purchase it just my opinion.

I'm also wanting to see this

A proper review is coming. My brother in law and I are putting a pair through the paces right now. 

I can say they're an extremely competitive driver. Loads of output in a very tight and controlled package. 

We're having a LOT of fun playing with them!

1 hour ago, altoncustomtech said:

A proper review is coming. My brother in law and I are putting a pair through the paces right now. 

I can say they're an extremely competitive driver. Loads of output in a very tight and controlled package. 

:woot:

How much longer till we get a frequency graph for these mids?

3 hours ago, altoncustomtech said:

Good to hear! To harp on the same thing again, will your review contain a frequency response graph? 

18 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

How much longer till we get a frequency graph for these mids?

I need to send them out for a 3rd party to do some extensive additional data collection.

Seriously considering these myself.  I see Fi has some new mids as well. DSS has some neo mids that seem decent too.  After owning a zcon though I'm a huge Ssa fan so it's a tough decision. 

Bummer too you can't trust anything DSS says :(  I'd avoid those like the plague.

On September 13, 2016 at 2:15 PM, infinity526 said:

Good to hear! To harp on the same thing again, will your review contain a frequency response graph? 

I'd love to be able to do that but without the proper equipment, location, and training I'm afraid anything I would measure would be fruitless and a waste of time.