MrSevs

Evil 15 power/enclosure

So I have had my Evil 15 for about 2 months give or take and love it! I am powering it with a Sundown SCV3000D in a 4.25cuft enclosure tuned to 32hz. I am thinking of increasing my power with an SCV4000D. Will I notice the difference with the increase in power and is it worth it? I also know that I will need to rebuild and go with something on the smaller side but how big should my box be with the increase in power? Any and all help is appreciated! 

Thanks for the input ///M5! I will save my money for other upgrades.

Remember, unless you double (or more) power, you won't really hear a difference. Many easier ways to get louder/lower.

I'm jelly. Hopefully getting some SSA toys this Christmas o.o

8 hours ago, SpeakerBoy said:

Remember, unless you double (or more) power, you won't really hear a difference. Many easier ways to get louder/lower.

I'm jelly. Hopefully getting some SSA toys this Christmas o.o

You wont be disapointed!!! Now I'm looking at the Evil 6.5's for my doors... 

For daily driving, that SCV-3k is a great match for an Evil.

On 8/25/2016 at 0:01 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

For daily driving, that SCV-3k is a great match for an Evil.

Thanks Aaron! Huge props on the Evil!!!!! 

On 8/27/2016 at 1:36 PM, Randal Johnson said:

Can you link (strap) those amplifiers ??

Yes sir... That was also my hopes later on so I can grab another Evil 15. 

1 hour ago, MrSevs said:

Yes sir... That was also my hopes later on so I can grab another Evil 15. 

You could go ahead and get the other evil it will be slightly louder on the same power with 2 subs instead of 1. 

23 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

You could go ahead and get the other evil it will be slightly louder on the same power with 2 subs instead of 1. 

Perhaps you should explain that.

Well more come area but deffinetly not a huge increase but some. 

21 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Check spelling bro.....

39 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

He never stated impedance on what he has, so perhaps that would mean the amount of power he has goes.....?

Not a trick question, but hopefully you will learn something in answering.

As for increase, the cone area is a simple one.  It is double.

Doesn't matter about impedance, I'm saying on the same power adding another speaker will gain him 3db. Yes if he wires it lower assuming he can, that would also help and give him more power, at the expense of efficiency. 

1 hour ago, Jay-C76 said:

Check spelling bro.....

Yea yea I know I missed the n and hit the m I am using a iPhone and my old ass arthritic fingers misses some times forgive me.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

He never stated impedance on what he has, so perhaps that would mean the amount of power he has goes.....?

Not a trick question, but hopefully you will learn something in answering.

As for increase, the cone area is a simple one.  It is double.

Well the SSA Evils only come in dual 1, dual 2, so  either way he can still wire it to the same impedance, and gain 3 db using a second sub, or wire it lower and gain even more power and cone area. Then later on he can add the second amp he talked about, and be some where around 6db higher, with double the power and double the subs.  

How could he wire it the same as now when adding another sub?

5 hours ago, frogcase2002 said:

How could he wire it the same as now when adding another sub?

Your right he couldn't my bad, I didn't think that one through, but he could go a tad lower, or higher. .5ohm, or 2 ohm.  Either way another sub will give him more DB as long as he doesn't wire the load higher like from 1ohm to a 2 ohm load. 

I would like to have a bigger amplifier on my Zcon, but I know I won't feel the difference from 2000-2400 to 3000 watts.

So I will work on the car : stop rattles, lower road noise, get a better rear battery, ... That can be efficient. And there is work to do !

Running .5 on that amp daily isn't something that should be done.  2ohms with double the drivers will not have an audible output gain, but just a new hole in the wallet.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Running .5 on that amp daily isn't something that should be done.  2ohms with double the drivers will not have an audible output gain, but just a new hole in the wallet.

I am with you on that .5 ohm statement. I would rather wait until I can run a sub per amp and or link another amp. 

Yea I probably wouldn't run .5 either, but if he can run at 1ohm with both subs I would do that, but we don't know which impedance evil he has, so we can't say. Personally when I'm building a system one piece at a time, I always end up getting 2 subs before I get 2 amps. But that's usually what I have planned out so the impedance works out. I usually start wired higher then leave my final impedance at where my max wattage is. 

16 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Yea I probably wouldn't run .5 either, but if he can run at 1ohm with both subs I would do that, but we don't know which impedance evil he has, so we can't say. Personally when I'm building a system one piece at a time, I always end up getting 2 subs before I get 2 amps. But that's usually what I have planned out so the impedance works out. I usually start wired higher then leave my final impedance at where my max wattage is. 

My sub is a dual 2 ohm. When I first got the sub I had planned on keeping things simple. I previously had 2 Sundown X 15's on this amp so when I sold the X's I figured I would go with a single sub that could handle that power and sound damn good on it thus my choice for the Evil. 

1 hour ago, MrSevs said:

My sub is a dual 2 ohm. When I first got the sub I had planned on keeping things simple. I previously had 2 Sundown X 15's on this amp so when I sold the X's I figured I would go with a single sub that could handle that power and sound damn good on it thus my choice for the Evil. 

Well in that case yes you probably wouldn't benefit a thing until you get another matching amp and sub. But when you do get 2 evil's going on 2 sundown 3k's I bet it will be nasty. I'm in the same boat I have 2 sundown team 12's being powered by a crescendo 3500bc and I need a hole lot more power. I'm thinking of selling this crescendo and getting 2 ampere 3500's.