Sign in to follow this  
FiAudioSubwoofersjj

winisd designing

Change the surface area of the port (port size) when modeling and see if it helps the peak. 

Also make sure the scale isn't exaggerating things.  It is amazing how bad ears are at discerning small differences in volume that when scaled wrong on a plot look HUGE.

39 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Change the surface area of the port (port size) when modeling and see if it helps the peak. 

i tried a 6 inch port and still the same

Edited by FiAudioSubwoofersjj

You could shift the port tuning a few hz and see what happens to the peak. Maybe give 30hz and 35hz a try. 

Beyond that, I honestly think your graph looks pretty good. One of the goals with a ported enclosure is to gain output in the intended bandwidth, which your design is clearly doing. If you want a smooth response, perhaps model sealed. 

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

You could shift the port tuning a few hz and see what happens to the peak. Maybe give 30hz and 35hz a try. 

Beyond that, I honestly think your graph looks pretty good. One of the goals with a ported enclosure is to gain output in the intended bandwidth, which your design is clearly doing. If you want a smooth response, perhaps model sealed. 

so should i go and build my original design? 2 4 aeroport (i do not have long enough 6 inch pipe) tuned at 33 in a 2.5 cuft box?

I'd choose the single six inch port. I think you said you already have it, and it presented the best port velocity

5 hours ago, SpeakerBoy said:

I'd choose the single six inch port. I think you said you already have it, and it presented the best port velocity

Yea I have 1 6 inch in diameter but it's only 15 inches long and is super heavy because the pipe is from a plumbing store and i need around 22 inches in length

Slot port an option?

http://www.parts-express.com/precision-port-6-flared-port-tube-kit--268-354

buy two of these. One full length is 18", you can cut the second tube to add to the length you need for the tuning you are trying to achieve. These are much lighter then your current tube.