ftj_85

sq hds210? Help with concerns

Hello folks my name is David and im glad to be new member here. I have 00 s10 extended cab and currently bad subs now lol three yrs later 2-10" re audio sxx d2 in 3.50cubic ft box shared tuned 35hz with mtx 1501d and upgraded electrical system. well since i was low money wise do you think that the soundqubed hds200 10"s would be louder then what i had? considering amp is rated 1500rms@ 2ohms and subs was rated at 1100rms each but the soundqubed hds210 is 600rms each wouldnt it be just as loud or louder considering i would have enought power to push the subs instead of being 250-300rms short of the subs rating rms. I went ahead before this post ordered two of the sq hds210 dual 2ohm since on sale , only thing i see that bothers me is that i wish i had cash to buy hds300 and sq2200 just because the hds300 looks way beefier.. hope the hds200 will suprise me 

Thanks guys,girls for looking over this and let me know if u have or used hds200 and how they did

I did an install for someone with 1 hds2 12 a while ago and was only on a couple hundred watts and I was pretty surprised forreal . There not to bad for the money

welcome to the forum. had you not already ordered I guess we could have modeled the subs and figured that out... matching the sub rating to the amp rating doesn't determine output from the sub. The rating on the sub is the thermal capacity of the woofer before it melts. The other parameters of the sub (TS parameters) and how the sub interacts with the enclosure determines the output. 

:WELCOME:

Thanks for welcoming me to forum, Yeh i went ahead and ordered them before this post so ill just see what 100$ subs will do.. Hopefully better then lets say kicker compvr or something like that lol

Weird today i was at work then came out and played korn: way to far and I tell you it hits well for 2-10s ive had these about two weeks and seem like there doing better, now i did notice huge difference in quality when friend hooked his iphone 6+ to my input that the volume could be turned up on my radio way higher and no distortion noise.. My cellphone is junk or something so what kind of device should i look into buying? Since i use the 3.5mm input most of time

1 hour ago, ftj_85 said:

Weird today i was at work then came out and played korn: way to far and I tell you it hits well for 2-10s ive had these about two weeks and seem like there doing better, now i did notice huge difference in quality when friend hooked his iphone 6+ to my input that the volume could be turned up on my radio way higher and no distortion noise.. My cellphone is junk or something so what kind of device should i look into buying? Since i use the 3.5mm input most of time

I use a iPhone 5c with a USB, sounds surprisingly good.  I also have that 3.5 aux cable, and I swear it doesn't sound as good, not a big difference, but just enough I can tell, but that could be the cords, or the head unit it's self.

Edited by Billy Jack

First things first, what phone are you using?  Should be no problem with any phone and analog source to sound fine...

well bad thing is i have a company called blu and its the studio 6.0hd and friend used his iphone6 and made huge difference and was first time seeing the front passenger side window wiper jump lol. could i have bad files ? this is getting irritating 

Yea where you get the music can make a big difference

2 hours ago, ftj_85 said:

well bad thing is i have a company called blu and its the studio 6.0hd and friend used his iphone6 and made huge difference and was first time seeing the front passenger side window wiper jump lol. could i have bad files ? this is getting irritating 

Try playing couple of your songs that dont give you the output you want on your friends phone and see if it makes a difference.

okay makes since,thanks for tip

I would go a step further.  Take a song you have on your phone and copy it to his and play them back to back and vice versa.