60ndown

2x rl-p 12s or 1 x rl-s12?

i have 2 x rl-p 12s but have the oppertunity to get an rl-s 12, which do you think will be more fun off an orion 2500d? id have to sell the rl-ps to buy the rl-s how dyu think the rl-s will perform off an orion 2500d? no competeing just daily driver.

well, i know the rl-s i tested off my orion 2500d did a 136.6 legal...@ 34hz...and at ~4ohm....

that's the problem, it's matching impedence to the amp. so unless the rl-s coil configuration has changed, you can get more power outa that amp with the pair of rl-p's, and more then likely, similiar performance....i need to meter my d2 rl-p and see if it's close the the rl-s in numbers..same box, amp, power.....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I would keep the 2 12" RL-ps, more cone area. and it should be running great with the amp you got to power them with.

i need to meter my d2 rl-p and see if it's close the the rl-s in numbers..same box, amp, power.....

What box do you have your D2 RL-p in?

I have a D2 RL-p 12" and it left me craving for more, so now I might be changing my setup to two 10"s rockford T2s, I already have 1 of them and I'm sure if i get another it would out do the RL-p SPL wise. Or i can get antoerh RL-p but the thing about that is, it'll be running at .5ohms and they'll be in sealed instead of ported because i don't got the room. But either way, maybe i'm not getting the juice i suppose to be getting from the amp, because of my car's electrical conditions, All my lights dimm when I crank it up.

Edited by itzme218

I would keep the 2 12" RL-ps, more cone area. and it should be running great with the amp you got to power them with.
i need to meter my d2 rl-p and see if it's close the the rl-s in numbers..same box, amp, power.....

What box do you have your D2 RL-p in?

I have a D2 RL-p 12" and it left me craving for more, so now I might be changing my setup to two 10"s rockford T2s, I already have 1 of them and I'm sure if i get another it would out do the RL-p SPL wise. Or i can get antoerh RL-p but the thing about that is, it'll be running at .5ohms and they'll be in sealed instead of ported because i don't got the room. But either way, maybe i'm not getting the juice i suppose to be getting from the amp, because of my car's electrical conditions, All my lights dimm when I crank it up.

last ported box was 2.5ft^3 at 28hz....but i honestly prefered the 2ft^3 at 34hz box....

if you have the orion 2500d, it should handle the .5ohm load easily..but if yoru electrical system is weak, that could pose a problem.

i don't like the t2's..fart machines. the pair i've heard really sounded like ass. i know box is playing a role in this, but they were sluggish and it's a smaller box.

lastly, the rl-ps aren't a spl oriented driver, but they do get loud. if one 12" in a ported box isn't enough, grab a second one, or try a 15" version...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

it sais single 4 on the web site?

Yes currently they are only available in single 4 ohm. The 15" version will be coming out with some modified features on the next run, but there will be a fairly significant lead time involved and I would not expect the revamped RL-s15 to be available until mid-Fall at the earliest.

el Dorado, keep your spam outta my forum! ;)