bluedreamz

BL OR Q

SO THIS WINTER IM GONNA SLAP TOGETHER A SUB AND BOX COMBO FOR MY NEXT CAR ILL HAVE IN ABOUT 3 YEARS - IM LOOKING AT A BL OR Q - BL'S APPEAR TO BE REALLY POPULAR BUT WHY IS THAT - XMAX IS HIGHER ON THE Q BUT PEOPLE SAY BL'S HIT LOWS LIKE CRAZY - IM LIMITED TO THE 12 SPOKE BASKET AS MY BOX IS CUTOUT FOR THAT -  IT'S 2 CU FT NET AFTER .15 DISPLACEMENT WITH 40^2 PORT AREA @ 32HZ - JUST LOOKING FOR INPUT AS I HAVE NEVER USED A BL OR Q 

ILL PROBABLY BUY AN XCON AS WELL SO MIGHT WAS WELL GET A BL THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT

How do you know what setup you will need BEFORE you know what vehicle you will be driving ???

Not sure if my phone is bringing up all of the post in this thread so I could be reading this all wrong ???

good point and i just read the newbie section these this vs that discussion is frowned upon in the forum just too much garbage. i already have the box so im just getting whatever fits requirements. overtime im sure my ideas will change overall im pretty sure ill be purchasing a honda sedan so it'll be a small trunk.

No one that has ever asked that question has been better served by the Q.  Ignore terms and how things are labeled and instead focus on what you will have for a car, how the installation will be, what your goals are etc.  The actual driver is just a tiny part.

You were looking at Gcon's before, don't undersell them...

And please shut off the caps lock.

yep, the gcon is still a very real part of my life. it'll be going into my truck. the 12 will be in my next car (trading in or selling soon) i REALLY want a BL

Just now, Parker C. Nerat said:

yep, the gcon is still a very real part of my life. it'll be going into my truck. the 12 will be in my next car (trading in or selling soon) i REALLY want a BL

"to try a BL."

You'll have the possibility for a bigger difference from a box change than a woofer change...

Car first, space second, goals, and then shopping.

Nothing magic about a BL or a Q.  Don't get me wrong they are great drivers, but like all subs as long as they are designed right you reach a law of diminishing returns quickly.

diminishing at its finest! im kinda building the car around the box here - im not gonna build another box it'll work excellent with a majority of 12's on the market. this post should've never been created.