Billy Jack

Mopar or no car

1 minute ago, Jay-C76 said:

Holy crap! Congrats on figuring out how to post pics. Now we're in trouble, they're flying out! I like the stang man!

Are you saying they are coming out of the closet?

If I weren't 6'7" I'd have a GT sitting in my garage as well. 

nice Stang and jeep. Mopar or no car was ignored in the process huh lol.. Is that an avenger?

2 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

:nutkick:

Yes it's a 2013 Avenger 3.6. And yea I was reprehesive about buying a ford but I really like the new mustang. I got a really good deal on it. It was a left over from 2015 and a friend of mine got me a hell of a deal on it. 

large.image.jpg

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Man I'm 6'4" 300lbs and I fit fine. Now the back seat, that's a different story. Apparently, only midget amputees where ever meant  to set back there. 

13 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Man I'm 6'4" 300lbs and I fit fine. Now the back seat, that's a different story. Apparently, only midget amputees where ever meant  to set back there. 

I have a 5 and 7 year old.  Need the back seat. :(

And that's why I have the avenger, so my 10 year old doesn't have to squeeze into the back. 

I had a 3.6 in a Challenger, that Avenger has got to haul ass.

PS- much love for the Jeep

21 minutes ago, SS Teacher said:

I had a 3.6 in a Challenger, that Avenger has got to haul ass.

PS- much love for the Jeep

Yea it's quick, it surprised me when I first test drove it, I thought it was a 2.4 4 cylinder, and I got a surprise when I kicked it down. The engine and the interior is the reason I got it, had it been a 4 banger I wouldn't of wanted it. Honestly didn't think I would like it, but my woman wanted it, and I liked it after I drove it. The newer ones are ten times better then the 08-10 models, they sucked. 

2 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

And that's why I have the avenger, so my 10 year old doesn't have to squeeze into the back. 

I don't want to put miles on a personal car when my gas and everything is free on my other.  Work will lease me something and then I want to put miles on that.  If my kids fit in the back seat I'd grab a Shelby in a heartbeat....or if Ford got smart and made it in a 4 door ala Falcon from Australia but based on the new stang.

9 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I don't want to put miles on a personal car when my gas and everything is free on my other.  Work will lease me something and then I want to put miles on that.  If my kids fit in the back seat I'd grab a Shelby in a heartbeat....or if Ford got smart and made it in a 4 door ala Falcon from Australia but based on the new stang.

Ow no doudt I wouldn't wear my own car out if I had a company car. I drive a lot of dealer cars myself I run a detail shop and one of the lots gave me permission to use their cars all I wanted. It really surprised me. I was dropping off a car and he had another he wanted done, so I told him I had to run across town, and he said just drive ours you don't have to come back. He said they where used so it didn't matter how much I drove them. He said as long as you got gas drive them all you want. So most weeks my car sets at his dealer in the garage and I bring a car home use it for the day detail it and take it back and pick up another one.  

My solution will probably be to have them lease me a new CTS-V.  Should fit the bill as a daily.

25 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

My solution will probably be to have them lease me a new CTS-V.  Should fit the bill as a daily.

My wife has always wanted one of those cts's. She doesn't care about the v but that's what I would want myself.

28 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

My wife has always wanted one of those cts's. She doesn't care about the v but that's what I would want myself.

$95k is hard to swallow...I wouldn't with my money, but will let my company.

13 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

$95k is hard to swallow...I wouldn't with my money, but will let my company.

Well she just wants the car, she don't care about the engine. So the one she wants is like $40k maybe a little more not sure. 

I just googled it and they start at $45k and the V and cts-v premium are $60 and $65 but yes by the time you financed and paid all the payments it would inch close to $80-$90k. Slightly used would be the way to go on one of those for us any ways. I got that avenger used with 20k miles on it for $12k still under warranty. It has 40k miles on it now.

Dam cts v cost more than the house I just bought lol but of course such car would look badass sitting outside my crib. I vote for an all black cts v

I remember I rented a caravan last year for a quick road trip to California , and man I was surprised how well it felt and rode with that 3.6. I was doing 0-70 pulls and riding the hills out in l.a. , sure wasn't a sports car but that little van took every last bit of my childish self lol.

2 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

I just googled it and they start at $45k and the V and cts-v premium are $60 and $65 but yes by the time you financed and paid all the payments it would inch close to $80-$90k. Slightly used would be the way to go on one of those for us any ways. I got that avenger used with 20k miles on it for $12k still under warranty. It has 40k miles on it now.

You fail at Google.  CTS-V BASE price is $86,590.  Loaded it is over $100k.  This is without financing...I don't believe in financing cars.  If you can't afford it don't buy it.*  There is also no Premium package on them, just Luxury and Carbon Black.

*obviously sub 2% financing I wouldn't even call financing, that is free money you can use for other stuff.

It is ABSURD too btw.  Both in price and performance.  Thing is wicked quick and super fun to drive.

I was looking at car connection I guess they where left over 2016's but they where new. But yea when I looked at caddy's site for 2017's it did say starting at $85.999. 

Leftover 16's are NOT going for $65k lol.  The lame Vsport model is $59k, but that is not the CTS-V

I watched a 16 bmw m5 do a good pull on the freeway the other day, he got a whole 1/4 - 1/2 mile away in no time and we were already doing about 80. 

5 minutes ago, Liro213 said:

I watched a 16 bmw m5 do a good pull on the freeway the other day, he got a whole 1/4 - 1/2 mile away in no time and we were already doing about 80. 

That was on my list as well, but I prefer the way the CTS-V drives.  I've had a bunch of M cars and miss them all, but the new ones are just not BMW's.