cobrapumagolf

sub options for Altima coupe

hey guys im wanting to do a sub setup in my 2012 nissan altima coupe. ive only got about a foot of height to work with in a small odd shaped trunk. im wanting to put in 2 10" dcons. im wanting to go ported but im really looking for some suggestions on what to do with the box since the trunk is very odd shaped. thanks any help is appreciated

Moved for you.

More maximum demensions you can use would help.

ive got 12" height. total height of trunk is 18" but theres a piece that comes down so i cant use more than 12 or 13".

wide weve got 38"

depth is 36" but could be more folding down back seats

That should be plenty of room for 2 10's, you just need a short box, that's long, and wide, to make enough air space. And I have never heard the gcon, but I have heard the xcon's, and they sounded great, especially for the price, there hard to beat for the price. If your going for sq the Incriminator flatline is a good little sq sub to.  

I would think a couple of Xcon 12's would fit in a Altima trunk, that's nissan's biggest car. I would build a box to fire backwards pushed right up against where that rear deck comes down. Can the rear speakers be removed and that carpet hanging down? Or is that a metal deck under it coming down.

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

I would think a couple of Xcon 12's would fit in a Altima trunk, that's nissan's biggest car. I would build a box to fire backwards pushed right up against where that rear deck comes down. Can the rear speakers be removed and that carpet hanging down? Or is that a metal deck under it coming down.

Must be forgetting about the Maxima.

31 minutes ago, jcarter1885 said:

Must be forgetting about the Maxima.

No I didn't forget. The maxima is nissan's top tear model as far as options, but it's not their largest car size wise. The Altima is actually a little bigger but not as nice. I actually worked on both this week and was kind of surprised the Altima was a bigger car. Look it up.

Longer yes but i digress, no need to clutter this thread up.

The Altima has 102 cubic foot of interior space and the maxima has 99. I know it's weird you would think the more costly car would offer more space like most car makers.

Do you plan on building the enclosure yourself or purchasing a prefab? 

The measurements you gave are 12 x 36 x 36.  That's 9 ft.³, so you have plenty of volume.  I'm not sure what volume the Dcon 10" needs ported, but 2 of them shouldnt need more than around half that space.

To the guys arguing over the maxima and altima you have to remember mine is the 2 door lol. I'm just worried about the box not having enough room with me only having  a foot height. Would that damage the integrity of the box? I'm wanting to build my own

1 hour ago, cobrapumagolf said:

To the guys arguing over the maxima and altima you have to remember mine is the 2 door lol. I'm just worried about the box not having enough room with me only having  a foot height. Would that damage the integrity of the box? I'm wanting to build my own

You have plenty of room for 2 10's it doesn't matter if your box is shorter, wider, or deaper as long as you got enough air space and port area. As long as they fit and have enough air behind the pole piece for cooling your fine. 

Even with 12" height you can regularly fit a 15".  You just need to tip the baffle at enough of an angle to make it fit.  Obviously space hog and by no means am I recommending that for you, but wanted you to realize that the box doesn't need to be square.

And since Mr Offtopic is again offtopic a quick clarification is in order...Using 3cuft of interior space as the differentiator claiming something larger is ridiculous.  Could very well be way more wasted space somewhere, but either way it is completely irrelvant to helping cobrapg as he already owns a 2 door altima and just wants a box that fits.

Does anyway have some sort of plan it a program where I could type in the numbers and get an idea on what type if shape and airspace I would need? Never built a box but am willing to give ita shot

2 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Even with 12" height you can regularly fit a 15".  You just need to tip the baffle at enough of an angle to make it fit.  Obviously space hog and by no means am I recommending that for you, but wanted you to realize that the box doesn't need to be square.

And since Mr Offtopic is again offtopic a quick clarification is in order...Using 3cuft of interior space as the differentiator claiming something larger is ridiculous.  Could very well be way more wasted space somewhere, but either way it is completely irrelvant to helping cobrapg as he already owns a 2 door altima and just wants a box that fits.

How is talking about the car he owns "off topic" I didn't bring it up someone else did, I was just stating his car is in fact bigger. 

13 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

How is talking about the car he owns "off topic" I didn't bring it up someone else did, I was just stating his car is in fact bigger. 

So this is bigger than a Maxima?

2XnzGMa.jpg

Even by your useless spec of cuft interior it is smaller....

The only relevant portion of the car that would be on topic for this thread is the trunk size...even then the OP HAS an Altima coupe, so how the discussion of anything else helps him we'd like to hear.  Otherwise just stop typing in this thread.  If you don't get this, perhaps forums are not for you.

45 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

So this is bigger than a Maxima?

2XnzGMa.jpg

Even by your useless spec of cuft interior it is smaller....

The only relevant portion of the car that would be on topic for this thread is the trunk size...even then the OP HAS an Altima coupe, so how the discussion of anything else helps him we'd like to hear.  Otherwise just stop typing in this thread.  If you don't get this, perhaps forums are not for you.

Ha take it up with Nissan if you don't like their specs, all I said was I didnt forget the maxima. I like how someone else changes the subject and then you blame me. 

Ow and the trunks are still the same size, so it doesn't matter how many doors it has. 

10 hours ago, cobrapumagolf said:

Does anyway have some sort of plan it a program where I could type in the numbers and get an idea on what type if shape and airspace I would need? Never built a box but am willing to give ita shot

I Googled "free subwoofer box design software" and quite a few came up.

58 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Ha take it up with Nissan if you don't like their specs, all I said was I didnt forget the maxima. I like how someone else changes the subject and then you blame me. 

Someone else changed the subject because you stated something wrong off topic.  You do this in every frickin' thread you go in and never see what happens.  It is REALLY simple.  Here is an idiot proof summary for you.

You: Altima is bigger than Maxima

Someone else: No

99 > 89.3 so the Altima Coupe is smaller by your dumb spec than the Maxima

This

2012-nissan-altima-coupe-2.5-s-cvt-side-

Is NOT this:

2012-nissan-altima-4-door-sedan-i4-cvt-2 

We all realize you like to puff your comments and add some trivial fact you think is neat, but if you would stop throwing up out of context ones that have zero relevance and are incorrect it would help.

2 hours ago, cobrapumagolf said:

I prefer to use WinISD, but it won't do all the math for you.  The box layout is still completely up to you.

Quote from Wikipedia "the third generation Altima grew enormously for this generation, as interior volume reached 118.8 cubic feet (3.36m3), the Altima's interior dimensions Even surpassed that of the higher end maxima, so the 2004 maxima was moved to the more upscale, full size bracket". Now this did change when they started using the d platform and that's what I got wrong, I thought his was a sedan instead of the coupe based off the 370Z. They only made a handful of those and the sedans are every where. But the fact remains, the two 3rd gen cars I had at the shop this week, where the ones I was speaking of, and setting side by side the Altima was bigger. I assumed from the trunk pick, it was the same car, but obviously after reading numerous post I missed where he said coupe, my bad. So now you know why I said, what I said. It wasn't that my fact was wrong, it was because we where talking about 2 different  cars. No need to get snippy over a simple mix up. We are all human, and have a lot going on, and can easily miss a detail, like platform of a car, but that shouldn't be an excuse for someone to use it as a opportunity, to belittle someone, or to try and prove their perceived superior intellect. I'm sure I can find a mistake you have made, and point it out, but I'm not petty, nor feel the need to, as we all make simple mistakes. A true intellect would try and find the miscommunication, instead of jumping on the simple mistake like a dog in heat. This type of attitude serves no one, and only makes the truth of said, (fact) harder to figure out.  

Edited by Billy Jack

Ow and not all coupes are 2 door, and not all 4 doors, are sedans. And since early 2000, the Altima has been bigger then the maxima to this day, except the very few 2 doors like this guys, which he never  mentioned until after I had stated this fact. And once he mentioned that we got right back to trying to help him, until you came along and mis-read what I said, and started your childish tirade.